1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Driving from Chicago to Las Vegas

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by cebu, Apr 5, 2016.

1. cebu

cebu Member

Any recommendations which route is scenic? thanks.

2. what

what Member

Route 66?

1 person likes this.
  3. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Haven't driven the whole route, but between Chicago and New Mexico/Colorado, there isn't a whole lot of scenic. Iowa is flat. Kansas is flat. Missouri north and west of St. Louis is flat.

There is pretty much no way that the first half of your journey is remotely scenic, unless you want to add a couple of thousand miles to your route.

I'd hop on I-80 and drive to Denver as fast as you can. Maybe from there you can find something nice. Maybe start out really early, and you can be on the other side of Iowa before the sun comes up.

1 person likes this.
  4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Once you get to Denver, I-70 to I-15 will not disappoint you. And that's the fastest way, too. If you want a short detour, I'd do a drive through Zion National Park. I just did that route during a drive from Boulder to San Diego. On the way there, I collected ideas for the return trip. On the way back, I hit three of the National Parks in Utah. But even just from the main roads (70 and 15) there is a lot to see.

2 people like this.
  5. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Make sure and stop at a dispensary in Colorado maaaaaaaaan

6. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

Colorado and Utah part of the drive on I-70 is beautiful!

7. PhiSlammaJamma

you will form the dreaded forward slash, /

8. TexasTofu

TexasTofu Member

try and check out southern utah, out of way but easily the most beautiful place in america.