1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Under the radar college football players

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Two Sandwiches, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Who are your under the radar college football players?

I'll start this thread with the 6'2" 250 lb. beast from Pitt, James Conner. Kid is a sophomore, plays defensive end as well. He broke Tony Dorsett's record for rushing yards in a bowl game last year as a freshman with 229 rushing yards against Bowling Green in the Little Caesar's Bowl.

This year, he's started off on a tear. He only played the first half against Delaware and had 14 carries for 153 yards and 4 TDs. Tonight, at Boston College, he has 15 carries for 130 yards, midway through the second quarter.

Edit: game over. His stat line was 36 carries, for 214 yards and a touchdown. On the season, he has 51 carries for 377 yards and 5 TDs, if my calculations are correct. Reminds me of Jerome Bettis a bit.

Potential sleeper Heisman candidate.

I hate learning about players like this come draft time, so I figure this is a good way to give people a heads up to potential draft sleepers.

#1 Two Sandwiches, Sep 5, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2014