1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marcus Haislip waived

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by artificial, Nov 4, 2004.

1. artificial

artificial Member

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/marcus_haislip/?nav=page

6'10, 13th overall pick

This kid may have some potential. He's waived probably because Bucks have too many power forwards. This is his scouting report.

NBA Comparison: Marcus Camby

Strengths: Amazing run jump athlete with great work ethic. A workout junkie, bench presses 400 pounds. Might have one of the highest verticals in the NBA someday. Very good shotblocker. Offensive game doesn't always look pretty especially his post moves but the result is usually positive.

Weaknesses: Appears to still be learning the game. Doesn't always look like he knows what he's doing. Fundamentals can improve.

2. swooh

swooh Member

i would love to have him...if we were able to trade jhoward for a pg or some depth at sg

3. codell

codell Contributing Member

too many power forwards? you mean Joe Smith and Tony Kukoc?? lol

4. r-fan-since-81

r-fan-since-81 Contributing Member

5. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

well if an eastern team doesn't want a big man, then he must be awesome. do we have to wonder about getting every single waived/put on the trade block/rumored to be on the trade block/free agent/european/chinese player ever?

6. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Big, strong, stupid.

Hmmm.

At times, I can live with that. I'd prefer smart ... but that's Scott Padgett. Smart...but soft. Bleh. Sometimes, you need an enforcer. That's the profile here.

7. rich_argh

rich_argh Member

we have no room at allll

8. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

i thought that was our former Kelvin Cato...

i wouldn't mind the rockets picking up Haslip...but our real need is at the 1, 2....and 3...:(

9. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think the 2 is ok ;). Agree about the rest, though. :(.

10. job

job Contributing Member

This guy deserves a look, but unfortunately we have no room.

11. mulletman

mulletman Member

if the rockets wanted him, i'm sure they could find some room for him. the rockets could get rid of gaines and put bowen on the IR for a while or something like that...