1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Heath 'has gone to hell'

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by aussiejack, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

The U.S. isn't Iran.

2. torque

torque Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I guess we are all guilty of that :)

3. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

The Ultimate Warrior (yes, the wrestler) weighs in:

http://www.ultimatewarrior.com/blog/2008/01/23/dead-long-before-28/

DEAD LONG BEFORE 28.

In the interest of full disclosure, I must tell you I have watched Brokeback Mountain no less than 45 times and I own the Limited Edition DVD, signed by Willie Nelson a short time after he wrote that queer cowboy song as a tribute to the courage of the producers and actors who broke such incredible creative ground when they made their agenda-less movie. Serious.

Until I saw Bendover Brokeback, Braveheart was my favorite movie. But the love scenes of Brokeback sucked me right in and I had no choice but to give myself over to the passion of its wide open range, if you get my drift. Such courage this young man and his colleagues have. Reminds me of the courage of classic movie stars, where during the War they enlisted and flew bomber planes and fought on frontlines, then came back and picked up their lives and careers right where they left off, without anti-American sentiment, whining and complaining, or self-destructive self indulgence. I’m equally inspired.

Apparently, Leather Hedger had sleeping troubles and anxiety and dealt with terrible mood swings. So do soldiers but they don’t self-destructively **** up their lives. In fact, they don’t sleep, handle anxiety and mood swings while dealing with whether or not they might at any moment lose their life. And they do this all the while they are dangerously protecting the freedom of others to f**k up their own. By the way, how many 28 (or older or younger) year old soldiers met their death yesterday? It’s not easy to find out. None of them made the headlines of any news.

By today’s standard, though, I do have to agree that he was a great father. Perhaps even greater then the father of the year, Hulk Hogan. After all, Leather Hedger did what it took to kill himself. His kid is without a father, yes, but the negative influence is now removed and his own child has the chance for a full recovery. Hogan, on the other hand, won’t go quite that far. He insists on sticking around to keep further ruining, and profiting off of, the parentally mismanaged lives of his own children.

It is sad and tragic….that we don’t demand attention be paid to greater things.

4. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

D@mn, what's with dead people bashing?

1st, Gibson, now the one of the Westboro kooks. I'm sure what Phelps is doing is much worst than portraying bi-sexual man in an art piece.

5. Heath

Heath Member

Still? That update was yesterday damnit! I'm still upset over dbc leaving us. :(

Oh, well - I guess simlife must go on.

6. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Faos, I didn't even see your thread.

3) Ultimate Warrior, weigh in with his far right view, WWII generation (even though he never lived in it), and bitterness for Hulk Hogan (even though he was probably just as big of locker-room cancer and poor/weak ring worker than Hogan ever was).

7. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I'm not sure whether they've found out if it was accidental overdose or intentional suicide, but the Catholic church teaches that suicide is a one way ticket to Hell. I believe St. Thomas Aquinas reasoned that that, "Thou shall not kill" also relates to oneself, and that it is in fact worse than taking another person's life. Reason being is to deny the gift of life God has provided you, by killing yourself would be to deny God's existence entirely out of a persons own selfishness in killing them self.

Basically, considering suicide (not through means of martyrdom by helping the sick or standing up for a virtuous act that may risk your well being), means you're so caught up in your own self, that you're so selfish to not consider anything else, even God. To be that self absorbed is considered the gravest mortal sin that can't be undone due to its finality. Either way, I pray no person finds a place in Hell, especially under the conditions of suicide.

As far as sexual orientation goes, I honestly couldn't care less. There seems to be this stereotype that homosexuals are promiscuous, yet there are plenty of heterosexuals, celebrities that speak about it openly, who are no different. There are also plenty of monogamous couples of either orientation. Doesn't effect me either way, so its not my place to judge. How anyone thinks they're entitled to judge someone else is asinine.

8. TheParrotIsNoMo

There should be a religious MMA fight arena where all the religious nuts can go toe to toe to see who will stand on top....

9. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

The Ultimate Warrior probably took plenty of steriod shots up his ass back in the day, so I don't know where he gets the moral high ground on drugs. I think the sickest part of this is talking about that man's daughter and saying that she's better off now, what a total b*stard.

I really would be shocked if he and John Gibson weren't both at least bi. It just seems that the most anti-gay critics eventually slip up in a bathroom somewhere.

As for the suicide thing, I think we all know that it's considered a sin, but it's a shame it's even considered a possibility at this point.

That's what happens in these times though, everybody wants to be the first one and errenous stuff gets reported and floats into the ether and becomes fact for a lot of people. If all the untrue stuff were to be believed, Heath Ledger died on the floor of his bedroom surrouned by mountains of pills and cocaine baggies with a rolled up $20 dollar bill stuck in his nostril.

I bet it will turn out that he died as a result of mixing sleeping pills, anti anxiety medication, alcohol, and whatever he was taking for the pnuemonia. Certainly the inconclusive autopsy would have at least revealed if his stomach was full of pills, so I think we can at least stop considering suicide right now.

http://thedarkknight.warnerbros.com/HeathMemorial.html
    http://whysoserious.com/

10. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Your first post in over 4 months!! :eek:

You need to post more here, seriously.:)

11. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

The person that introduced me to church ended up being gay...but he didnt know it at the time.

So if a church has a biblical themed play, and one of the characters is Satan...is the person who played Satan, the most wickedest being ever in existence, going to hell?