1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pitching

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by ktex, Jul 28, 2020.

1. jim1961

jim1961 Member

That whole "Circle of Death" was fun. Wont ever forget it. But time changes everything and for Chris, not for the better. Too bad.

2. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Not sure if posted already, but Peacock to IL and Taylor is back. Dusty said Taylor hid his injury, but had no actual pain per Rome.

3. HTown2017Champs

It's been fun Peacock! Thank you for all the memories! Last piece from the first Jed Lowrie trade. Carter is long gone, and Stassi was traded a year ago. Hard to believe but he's the second-longest tenured player after Altuve. As much as I'd sentimentally want him back for a cheap 1-yr deal for one last go-round I think he's done.

raining threes, jim1961 and bcast89 like this.
  4. Buck Turgidson

Taylor is hurt. Don't care what he says, pitchers are full of ****.

I was shocked Peacock ever came back and threw a few innings this year. I've always loved that guy.

HTown2017Champs likes this.
  5. astros123

astros123 Member

I wish some of you guys would've accepted what I had been trying tell you back in early July. Without Verlander as your ace this team is done. Other posters during the offseason were just pretending that injuries and age doesn't eventually catch up. Theres nothing worst in sports then an average overpaid team.

Im expecting massive payroll cuts this offseason as ratings are taking a huge hit to the protests and covid19. Also, add in the labor disputes and it looks like we're clearly in rebuilding mode which should've been started at the beginning of the season. I never understood the excitement of making the playoffs just to get your ass whipped. Media will have a field day.

Did you guys see what the Padres were paying for marginal talent?

6. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Name one overpaid player expected to be on Houstons 2021 roster.

raining threes likes this.
  7. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Verlander

jim1961 likes this.
  8. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

Can you wait until the season is over to start the crying? Clearly in rebuilding mode? Only 6 games out from our division leader after being ravaged by injuries. Since 2000 a Wild Card team has won the championship more often than the team with the best record in baseball. You get in the dance and see what happens. We don't even have a 1st or 2nd round draft pick to tank for. Might as well go for it.