1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hillary would crack down on Computer-Generated cartoon sex

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Dec 24, 2007.

1. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2007/12/clinton-would-c.html

[rquoter]Clinton Would Crack Down on Computer-Generated Cartoon Sex
    By Kevin Poulsen December 21, 2007 | 3:46:11 PMCategories: Election '08
    Hillary Clinton is still outraged that Rockstar Games left a sexually-themed mini game nestled in its best-selling Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas in 2005.
    You'll recall the kerfuffle when the deactivated love scene was found buried in the code for the otherwise wholesome car jacking, cop-killing shooter. The unfinished mini-game featured clothed characters simulating sex acts. To access the scene, randy teens had to download and install a special patch developed by a Dutch coder, expending more effort than it takes to find real, human adult content on the web.
    That all led some cynics to suspect Clinton of grandstanding when she called a press conference to denounce Rockstar and demand a Federal Trade Commission investigation into San Andreas. The ESRB re-rated the game to AO for "adults only," raising the minimum age of purchase from 17 to 18 years old -- a crucial year in which a teen develops the necessary psychological defenses to resist the Siren song of polygon p*rn.
    But in a response to a questionnaire from the watchdog group Common Sense Media, Clinton reveals today that she still sees the affair as a victory for child safety. She describe her introduction of the doomed Family Entertainment Protection Act as a response to the "illicit" sexual content in San Andreas, and says, as president, she'd support regulation of the gaming industry.
    "When I am President, I will work to protect children from inappropriate video game content," she told CSM.
    That puts her on the same page as Republican candidate Mitt Romney, who told CSM that the U.S. needs to "get serious against those retailers that sell adult video games that are filled with violence and that we go after those retailers." Clinton's fellow Democrats John Edwards, Barack Obama and Bill Richardson said they'd rather give the industry a chance to self-regulate, at least initially.
    Clinton's Family Entertainment Protection Act would have made it a federal offense to sell adult-rated video games to minors. It never passed, but similar state laws have been struck down as unconstitutional. Clinton's co-sponsor on the bill, Joseph Lieberman, had his own video game nemesis: Stubbs the Zombie, who, like too many politicians, needs braaiiiins.[/rquoter]

2. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why didn't we see a thread, "Romney would crack down on Computer-Generated cartoon sex"?

Do you really not understand how petty this constant sniping over every minutia makes you look? Think about the way this type of 'grandstanding' and petty pandering must look to you, and multiply by 1000x. I could be turned off by Hillary as a candidate, but not if your sort of enlarged mirror image is the other option.

Do you dislike her so much because she looks so much like you?

3. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

I personally find Clinton stating this as newsworthy because the Democrats generally do not favor regulation like this as it impinges upon free speech. Republicans wanting to ban material is really nothing new.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Hillary's grandstanding is newsworthy?

5. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure. Tipper Gore, et. al. Also, Democrats have been much more interested in banning violent video games, while Republicans are more interested in self regulation. Google 'ban violent video games' and you will find tons of quotes from Democrats. I may have missed it, but I don't see one from a Republican.

Before this, if you were to ask me which party would put forth legislation banning content in video games, I would tend to go with the Democrats. The fondness of legislation to remedy such things is one of the primary complaints I have with the core Democratic philosophy.

6. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

computer-generated cartoon sex is the closest that Hildabeast is going to get to actual sex. Heck, Bill won't even touch her. That's saying something, given his sexual addiction.

7. Refman

Ah yes...cue the sophmoric sexual frustration jokes. Oh, and for good measure throw in another one of those poking fun at a person's name. I just can't get enough of those.

Add something useful to the discourse, or do everybody a favor and let the adults talk.

8. Major

Major Member

Refman - as one of the few resident moderates here, who are you leaning toward (or against) in the election? I'm always curious with people that seem the independent types, because I think that's where this election will be ultimately swung (at least in the general, though unfortunately maybe not in the primaries).

9. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

Did the sex scene take place in a computer generated Oval Office?

10. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

1. Trying to use big words just isn't working out for you...
    2. When was the last time you think Hillary had non-cartoon sex? I'd probably say 12 years, minimum.

11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've noticed you seem to have a strange fascination with Hillary's sex life.

Is there a secret crush you'd like to let us in on?

12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So does this end your Lieberman fandom?

13. Refman

Mike Huckabee would be my first choice. I actually can't stand Hillary Clinton, but I hate the irrelevant personal attacks.

14. Refman

Oh...I made a typo. Nice try at deflection, but you are still an idiot.

Also, what does her sex life or lack thereof have to do with any of this? Nothing. You are just being a jackass because you feel as though here you can be.

15. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

A new low for the BBS, Refman cursing others on Christmas Day.

BAH HUMBUG

16. Refman

Seeing what you do on a daily basis, I assure you that nothing I said constitutes a new low on the BBS.

17. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Lets get back on track with the issue at hand, which is what we all know and love, cartoon sex. Cartoon killing, dismemberment, cursing, cartoon police officers and cartoon prostitutes being killed is ok, but no cartoon sex, cmon now, that would just be wrong.

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

exactly, hey cartoon killing, torture, all around violence is okay. but cartoon sex. goes to show how sexually hung up this country is.

19. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Useless

without

computer-generated

pics.

20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Whatever happened to dropping on anvils on characters heads?