1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Charles Barkley Coming Back???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lil Pun, May 4, 2000.

1. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

According to rap mogul and basketball player Master P (Percy Miller) Charles Barkley may return next season. Master P was on the show "Live From L.A." on BET last night and stated this. The reason this may be legit is because Master P has certain ties to the Rockets organization. He plays pick-up games with players off the team and even talks to them regulary. I am not saying that Charles is coming back but has anybody heard anything else about him coming back?

------------------
    Arkansas' Biggest Rocket Fan!

2. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

If he wanted to come back for 1-2 million, I'd say "welcome back Chuckster!!"

------------------
    We're going to miss you Chuck! Thanks for all the memories!

3. TraJ

TraJ Member

I don't think it would be a good idea for Barkley to try to come back. I like him a lot (he grows on you when he's on your team). But I think it would be a big mistake for Chuck and the Rockets.

As for this Wilt comeback, I hear he's seriously deteriorating.

------------------

4. 34dream

34dream Member

Though that would be great, I think the return of Wilt Chamberlain is more probable than the Chuckster's one.

------------------

5. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

LOL 34dream!!!! Now THAT would mark a new day for the NBA.

"NBA Hoops: Not Just For the Living Anymore!"

Seriously, I hope Barkley does not come back. I thought he was pushing it a bit by coming back for the season finale, but it was well-handled. The final ovation, the post-game ceremony... perfect.

Aesthetics aside, I'm not even sure Charles could come back next year, physically. He looked like handmade crap against Vancouver-- didn't really play a lot better than Wilt Chamberlain would have (I vote we keep this Wilt motif going).

------------------
    No one ever has, or ever will again, play the game of basketball with the verve and skill of 7-foot Kelvin Cato.

BEHOLD YOUR NEW GOD.