1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Ming Fundraiser Exhibition Game in Taiwan

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by elrond, Jul 28, 2010.

1. elrond

elrond Member

Just thought I'd mention I'm currently watching an exhibition game on TV with some NBA players against a combination of Shanghai Sharks + Taiwan bball league members. It's mainly a fundraiser for Yao's charity. No action from Yao other than watching him shoot from the 3pt line. From the NBA: Aaron Brooks, Chase Budinger, Brandon Jennings, Thasbeet, Jeremy Lin, and some other folks I'm not that familiar with.

It's halftime with the NBA guys up by over 20. Basically just an exhibition game, kinda feels like one of the old dream team olympic games or all star games considering the level of effort and competition. Probably should have split up the teams a bit in order to make the game more competitive. Aaron hasn't really done much, Jennings has been the one bringing the ball up for the most part. Chase has been pretty active with one nice windmill dunk. However, his ball handling can probably still use some work...seemed a little bit uncoordinated with the ball on a couple of drives the basket. Also had a between the legs dunk as part of the slam dunk exhibition.

Game is being televised on one of the Elta channels, although I think the MOD (media on demand) service is needed to get this channel.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

thanks. basketball is coming to taiwan.