1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo] Pettitte may corroborate HGH accusation against Clemens

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by countingcrow, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Nashvegas

Nashvegas Contributing Member

Pettite backs up Mcnamee's story.

Newsday

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Turn out the lights, the party's over. Clemens won't be just Pete Rose, he'll be Bill Clinton and Pete Rose.

3. tulexan

tulexan Member

This just gets better and better. If Roger is smart he will come out and admit he took steroids and HGH right now. He will lose all credibility and respect, but he will probably avoid jail time.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Or take the 5th.....

The article yesterday about Clemens wanting to protect his image so all the AZZ kizzers would hang on to him...was spot on.

DD

5. tulexan

tulexan Member

I don't think taking the 5th will save him at all. He already has lied to Congress in his deposition. If he comes clean people will just drop it, but if he doesn't then the investigation will continue.

6. DaDakota

Let's hope he takes the next 24 hours and REALLY thinks about it. I mean Congress could call his wife to testify, and she may just tell the truth......

He should cut his losses and just admit it.....he is guilty as sin.....

Everyone would forgive him though.....as this is the juiced era of baseball.

He would probably still get in the hall.....maybe.

DD

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Clemens won't take the 5th tomorrow because he's too far down the road. He would have done that last week behind closed doors.

Then again, if he took the 5th last week and we don't know about it, he will do it again. Either way, Clemens is backed into a corner, which is getting smaller.

8. DaDakota

I wonder what all his supporters are saying now....as the evidence against him continues to mount.

DD

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

You and I went round and round on this. I'm not a Clemens supporter...I just didn't like the rush to judgment. But if Pettitte truly does corroborate McNamee's testimony then this is very different. I find Andy to be a FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR more credible witness in this than McNamee.

I still think the Congressional proceeding is a joke. If Congress wants to get involved, bring in John Rocker. That story is far more compelling.

10. DaDakota

I know you think this is a waste of congressional time, and I honestly agree with you, but since it was taken up, I want to see it resolved.

And I love watching people get caught with their hands in the cookie jars, especially rich, arrogant folks, who have a massive sense of entitlement.

:D

DD

11. msn

msn Member

Agreed.

All I've been able to find of Andy's testimony amounts to hearsay. "He said he gives Roger illegal stuff." I guess that hurts Rocket's denials in and of itself, but that really isn't much in the way of fact or evidence.

12. MadMax

that's true. it is hearsay. again, not a good case for a court. perhaps there's a hearsay exception that would allow the testimony in if it were before a court. i'd have to think about that.

13. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

14. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

It isn't a person, it's a substance. The frothy mix of lube and fecal matter that is sometimes the byproduct of anal sex.

15. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

A baby the two of them had, they used Suzyn "oh my goodness gracious" Waldman as a surrogate.

16. Desert_Rocket

Desert_Rocket Member

Madmax, with all the evidence coming out I would think it would be safe to come to a judgement now. Anyone who defends Clemens at this point will come off looking pretty dumb.

17. MadMax

still need to see andy's affidavit to see what it actually says.

18. DaDakota

You will make a good judge.

:D

DD

19. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

That's a tough pill to swallow from Roger's camp. Pettitte basically says Roger admitted to using HGH 10 years ago. Now, Roger says...no...he was talking about his wife at the time and Pettitte misunderstood. Umm...seriously...I think Pettitte fully understood Roger at the time. How could you ever remember something like that differently than it actually occurred? Then, you have Pettitte talking to McNamee asking "why don't you give me what Roger is taking?".

I'm only gullible up to a certain point.

20. codell

codell Contributing Member

So now Roger is throwing his wife under the bus to save himself.

Beautiful.

At this point, there is no way this thing ends w/ Roger saving face.