1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wrote this rock song "Breathless Life" last week!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by metalshred, Jul 18, 2015.

Tags:
  1. metalshred

metalshred Member

1 person likes this.
  2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I liked the singer. Nice intro too.

Are you the singer? If so, you need a new band.

More drums. I do like the guitar if I were to isolate it as a critique, but not as a song.

And remember, a pause is a musical note. The song should pause enough for the guitarist to go from lead to hook. Not to say I always expect songs to have a hook (hell, my favorite band is Phish/Trey), but let us move through the song with you...give us something to remember to wait for and get sweaty for.

You might be singing over the guitar too much.

and a song called Breathless Life begs for a pause of the singer. no?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tAZiGqzO1DA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#2 heypartner, Jul 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
  3. metalshred

metalshred Member

Thank you! I actually don't have a band. I played the guitars on the track and sang the vocal. It's actually the first time I try to sing on a track as I usually just play the guitar!

The drums are automated from garageband, I agree it will be better if there is more complexity in it. Wish if I have a drummer!

I love the recommendation for more pauses, I think that will help the song to elevate from part to part.

4. heypartner

so, did you do that as one cut or laid down your guitar and then sang? Pretty impressive if you played it all at once. But that's no negative critique if you laid the tracks separately, as that's probably pretty hard too. Just saying, it's rare to find a singer who can play lead (and rhythm) like that live.

but enough of my fandom feedback...

others? Chime in.

5. metalshred

metalshred Member

The tracks have been recorded separately.

6. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

heyp is giving excellent advice. To be fair, I think some would also question the lyrics. Very self-loathing. :(

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

Good stuff breh.

Also the songs needs more female dancers.

8. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Im not really qualified to give advice. But thought you sang decent. One thing I noticed, when you sing the word "supposed" you should pronounce "sposed", flows better that way I think.

Overall, better than I could do so good job lol

9. metalshred

metalshred Member

That would be awesome!:grin:

10. heypartner

You mean "Breathless" female dancers of Life!

And the Album doesn't even need a title. Just a cover of the dancers who leave us speechless for Life.

Except there is no longer vinyl and covers. hmmm. Well, at least metalshred has the dancers. Damn, I hate lead singers and guitarists. They get all the babes, while us fans are doing all the effort to prime the well of the dance floor to get the groupies to dance and sweat and stop just standing there. Put those pert breasts and rock tight shorts to work!

What were we talking about?

11. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

As hp mentioned, I recommend mixing the vocals down further into the mix. Otherwise, a nice effort.

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

Btw, I've always been paranoid in posting anything original on the interwebs. What if someone comes and steals your song and they become famous?

13. metalshred

metalshred Member

Thank you! I'll make a note of that.

14. metalshred

metalshred Member

On the flip side, if someone is to steal it, it must mean the song is pretty damn good!:p

15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Wouldn't that be proof that it existed before the person that stole it...stole it?

16. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Digging the creativity and your use of Apple Loops. Not bad at all.

Vocals definitely need to be mixed tighter and expanded. Work on your eq and compression. Play with some reverb to find a nice warm but airy ambience. I couldn't tell because I was listening from my phone, but was there a bass part in there? If not add one, if so bring it out more.

Not my style of music, but ROCK ON!!!

17. metalshred

metalshred Member

Thank you! I did have a bass (but a fake one!). I recorded the "bass" using my 6 string guitar and just transposed them to lower pitch.