1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you rather have Love or Melo?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by giordun, Jun 27, 2014.

1. giordun

giordun Member

Obviously having LeBron would be absolutely killer, but which of Love/Melo do you prefer on the Rockets?

2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Melo because we would have to give up anything other than Asik and Lin for him.

3. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

For the same price, Love obviously. Melo theoretically comes at the price of Lin and maybe another contract or 2 like DMo and Canaan, While Love will cost much more (Parsons+). Melo is the better choice for these reasons.

I believe this is the consensus opinion.

4. finsraider

finsraider Member

Love, even after giving up a few assets.

Love sets you up for a run like the Spurs. Decade(s) of contention, and a multiple championships. He fits this team perfectly, from shooting, passing, rebounding, etc. I also think he has better potential as a defender than Melo.

Melo gives us a window of 3 to 5 years...after which you have to be worried about retaining Harden.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'd give that along with Jones and a 1st for Love over Melo. When Parsons comes to into the mix things get dicey.

6. Fullcourt

Of course. I would assume Parsons is what gets us a seat at the negotiating table. If not, it's a whole different ball game.

7. mario_v

mario_v Member

Melo, because he can create his own offense. Love cannot create his own shot. They're both not great defensively.

8. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

9. Fullcourt

If the options are simply Love or Melo, Love wins in a landslide.

10. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

All we need is Love.

1 person likes this.
  11. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I disagree, it would be closer than you think

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Love, even if it means giving up some of our assets. I've always been a fan of his and have dreamed of getting him alongside Harden ever since we got Harden. Then, when we got Dwight, damn! That is too good a trio. They all complement each other perfectly.

13. HPD

HPD Member

Asik already gone......

14. jman7373

jman7373 Member

Even though we would have to give up more to acquire Love, IMO him being 4 years younger than Melo cancels it out. Thus, I choose Love.

15. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

add a poll OP. I would rather have them in this order 1. Love - stretch big man we need. Help out on securing rebounds. 2. Lebron. not the best 3 point shoot so he will create and harden stick to off screen shots. 3. Carmelo. Very accurate shooter but is ISO like Harden.

You can be happy with all 3 of these guys because they are superstars after all and will be a tremendous boost to the team.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Carmelo Anthony because he [may] wants to be here. ;)

Something about Harden and Howard from cyberx and something about Houston not being a preferred option according to Ric Bucher.

Carmelo Anthony because that's who LerBon wants to play with. ;)

Both are losers. :)

17. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

Depends on how well Morey can leverage the additional assets he'd have with Melo rather than Love. What could he gain with:

Jones
    NOP first
    All HOU firsts
    Daniels
    Canaan
    Rights to Llull, Capela, Papanikolaou
    Waivable contracts

18. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Love please can build around love and harden for years maybe dwight leaves we would still have harden and love

19. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Love is so amazing. His ability to create sets him apart from other big men (along with Noah and Marc Gasol). I think Love and Howard is the best combination of big men this league could create. They would play off each other's games perfectly. I'd be surprised if Love didn't know that. His #1 player to match with should be Howard and his buddy is also here. They can blow up inflatable ships at the club together.

20. Raven

Raven Member

Kevin Love is only 25, Carmelo is 30, so I'd go with the younger player.