1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wolves dangling 5th pick for Jimmy Butler

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jun 13, 2016.

1. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Is Wiggins + #5 too much for Butler? That has to be too much for Butler.

2. dmoneybangbang

I think so. Wiggins + salary filler for Butler is probably what the Bulls want, but they'll take LaVine too.

3. dmoneybangbang

Personally, if I'm the Twolves I am not trading Wiggins for Butler. They can have the 5th pick, LaVine, Dieng, and other fillers, but that Wiggins/KAT core is too promising.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yes. Way too much.

Same. Keep Wiggins and KAT. Yes, I know Wiggins does not live up to the hype he was given, but he is still a guy you want in your franchise.

A Wiggins-Butler wing tandem would be the best defensive one in the NBA.

(Of course they'd still need to dump Rubio and get an NBA-caliber point guard.)

5. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Whether you believe he is that great or not he is a star, he is young, he is locked in for cheap, locked in for multiple club controlled cheap years, an obvious fit with Thibs, and a solid 2 way player.

His value doesn't come from being a durant , LeBron type of player, it comes from his youth and bargain locked in contract. He's worth more than what love fetched that's for sure.

And people who state Chicago doesn't have leverage is crazy, of course they do. If they are serious about trading multiple teams would line up offering there best including Boston who could outbid them. On top of that, if hey don't want to trade him they don't have to, he's locked in for four more cheap years.

Butler represents a killer return if he is to be traded. Don't kid yourselfs

6. dmoneybangbang

With Thibs running the show in Minny, Wiggins has a good chance at becoming an elite defensive and good offensive talent. I view him as a Paul George type of player but with more potential.

Maybe Rubio + 5th pick + Dieng for Butler might be something the Bulls can get behind. Bulls can re-sign Gasol, roll with a frontcourt of Mirotic/Gasol/Dieng. Just need to surround Rubio with shooters and slashers on the front court and that's a team that can compete for the last 2 spots in the eastern playoffs.

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I'd rather have Wiggins than Butler considering the situations. Thibs will make Wiggins a very solid defender. He has all the tools. He's a good fit with that team. And most importantly he's 5 years younger.

I like the idea of Butler and Wiggins combined, but I'm not offering Wiggins for Butler in any way.

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Never liked these moves...that core is too young for Butler. Who really thinks they're going to be contenders the next 2 or 3 years? Keep developing picks...they're already good enough to be competitive and fill more seats, why throw away high picks for .500 basketball? Might as well take a chance at Hield, he could be a younger Butler.

9. Rokman

Rokman Member

Do we have any assets not named Harden that could get a deal done for him? I think James at the 1 and Jimmy at the 2 would be on par with Curry and Thompson.

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Not as good as Klay/Curry. Defense would be the same, but offensively, neither Harden or Butler are sharpshooters. Butler isn't even much of a three point shooter.

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The Rockets do not have the assets.

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Report: The Boston Celtics are preparing to trade the 3rd overall pick and Avery Bradley for Bulls Jimmy Butler if all things work out.</p>&mdash; NBA Stats (@StatisticsNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/StatisticsNBA/status/743529181993041921">June 16, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. Pete the Cheat

I wonder if we can swing Bradley this way if Chicago plans to re-build. pg problem solved

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I thought the Wolves rumored offer was not nearly enough.

I suppose the "all things working out" refers to a specific player(s) being available at the 3.

15. hakeemthagreat

Wiggins for Butler? Minnesota would be smoking something hella potent to do that foolishness. Wiggins is special and could be the best player in the NBA in a few years. Butler is a allstar playing in a very weak conference. No way I'm doing that

16. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Remember when people were talking about trading Butler straight up for Harden? And now there are people in here saying Wiggins+5th pick is TOO MUCH for Butler? I wouldn't take Wiggins+5th for Harden (Nor would I take Butler straight up for Harden) But I guess that's the story when people think someone isn't wanted anymore.

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Are there any legit sources reporting this or only fake ones? Seems like a high price for Boston to pay.

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The grass is always greener for many fans

19. Asian Sensation

If I'm the Wolves I keep the pick and I'm sure as hell not trading Wiggins or even LaVine for that matter.

20. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Like whom? Because we all know who the first 2 picks will be, so basically everyone else will be available at the 3rd pick. And if someone else is picked in the top 2 instead, hard to see how the bulls would care... "sure, give us Simmons/Ingram if they slip!!"

I'm dubious. For one because of that all things work out comment. For two, this is a weak draft. If Boston is including next year's Nets pick... sure.