1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Woj) Carmelo Anthony and Rockets part ways

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Nov 15, 2018.

1. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

So you're telling me we spent 700+ pages and a year+ for 10 games of Melo?

I feel cheated.

Deuce, IvanLCPM, ThatBoyNick and 19 others like this.
  2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

smh. I'm disappointed. Morey must be really sad, he tried so damn hard and it didn't even take 10 games..

TNT is going to have a muther f-cking field day.

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

Hey, the Rockets tried and Carmelo tried. It didn't work. Like, at all. Non.

Better to halt the experiment now before the entire lab blows up. Good luck, Melo. You gave it your best, but that's no longer enough.

4. marky :)

marky :) Member

Did Melo break the Rocket's record for "Quickest time for a big name player to become disgruntled after joining the Rockets"?

JeffB likes this.
  5. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Morey just had to get this out of his system. I honestly think Morey just let nostalgia blinders cloud his judgement of Melo. He had been chasing him for so long, the chance to get him for free was just too much to pass up.

It wasn't working. Frankly there was no reason to really think it would work. When you look at his skills and talent level at this age, he just doesn't bring anything to the table. Don't live with a bad decision to try and justify it.

I seriously don't harbor any ill feelings towards Carmelo. Never been a fan of his, but his failure wasn't all because his ego was too big like people will make it out to be.

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Even better question, which organization out there is going to sign him thinking he's going to be an upgrade and/or not a big risk in terms of chemistry? Has to be a tanking team or a desperate one...good thing for us it's over.

Reeko likes this.
  7. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Outplayed by a 24 year old undrafted free agent rookie, I thought he'd be OK here but he STILL shot those terribad post-up middies and couldn't even come close to league average 3PT%, on the team that generates more open looks than any other.

RIP: Melo, at least he wasn't Ty Lawson.

8. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

“What if I told you that one man could play exactly the way he’s always played and still surprise an NBA team with his play?”

ESPN 0 for 30 Presents: “Melo doing Melo things”

JeffB and Kruze10 like this.
  9. seank1986

seank1986 Member

10. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Yep, I think if you watched every game you can easily see that guy tried and actually did what we asked him to do.

He’s just simply not that good of a player anymore. Wish him the best also.

11. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Guaranteed loss tonight.

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol half of your 13 k likes you probably got from me

on the other hand you know well they all belong to MVP @heyp anyway ;)

topfive likes this.
  13. bumbum09

bumbum09 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"Now cracks a noble heart. Good night sweet prince: And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest!"

14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

oh man, that's so painful . . . and hilarious

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Man, I still have hope in every Rockets acquisition. I was hopeful for MCW and I regret nothing.

16. Cladyclad

Cladyclad Member

Rockets at best are a 6th seed

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

HOUSTON – Houston Rockets General Manager Daryl Morey today issued a statement on forward Carmelo Anthony’s future with the team.

“After much internal discussion, the Rockets will be parting ways with Carmelo Anthony and we are working toward a resolution,” said Morey. “Carmelo had a tremendous approach during his time with the Rockets and accepted every role head coach Mike D’Antoni gave him. The fit we envisioned when Carmelo chose to sign with the Rockets has not materialized, therefore we thought it was best to move on as any other outcome would have been unfair to him.”

Anthony was originally the third overall pick by Denver in the 2003 NBA Draft and is a 10-time All-Star. He is one of 11 players in NBA history with career averages of at least 24.0 points, 6.0 rebounds, and 3.0 assists. Anthony is also a three-time Olympic gold medalist and is USA Basketball’s all-time leading Olympic scorer and rebounder.

18. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

It's going to be one of those weird things when you look back and think "he played on the Rockets?" Like Rod Strickland.

[​IMG]

19. BigBum

BigBum Member

This is the first failure in the offseason decision. This costs Tilman about 5 million dollars if Melo gets full 2.4 million.

Just paying him to stay home and be away from the rest of the squad.

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

hakeem94 likes this.