1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Trump finally denounce white supremacy tonight?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ROXRAN, Oct 22, 2020.

?

Will Trump finally denounce white supremacy?

1. He did before but he needs to again for some strange reason

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. He did before but the liberal moderators just like to ask to spice things up

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. He did before but this could distract from the real issues that Biden can’t answer correctly

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I’m sure we will have this question again lmao

Dubious and J.R. like this.
  2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Arnold has some advice for him on what to say. It shouldn't be so difficult.

3. BlackHalo

BlackHalo Member

Will Joe denounce his ties with Robert Byrd and his "mentor" Strom Thurmond ? This whole denouncing thing is dumb as hell.

Pedo Joe is a clear racist, I'd be right there with the radicals here on the "Orange man bad" train if Pres. Trump had those ties.

Glad to have a Black wife who sees the real racist, and it's not Trump.

ROXRAN and Astrodome like this.
  4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He only does it when pushed - he tries like hell not to.

DD

Ubiquitin likes this.
  5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

It's a gotcha question -- no matter how he answers, it'll hurt him one way or another. If he does not clearly denounce white supremacy, the media can run headlines about what a racist he is. If he does denounce white supremacy without equivocation, the white supremacists in his base will feel betrayed and may not turn out.

His current strategy of nominally but unconvincingly denouncing white supremacy is the right one. Unengaged voters give him the benefit of the(ir) doubt, white supremacists detect the wink and the nod, and liberals would never vote for him anyway no matter how full-throated his denouncement could be.

But of course they're still going to ask him. Gives him another chance to either insult his base or else enrage his opposition. That's clickbait mania.

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The questions should be more probing. "Do you denounce white supremacy?" is kind of a meaningless question to ask.

A better question, IMO, is for him to describe ways in which immigration can help make America greater. I think how he answers that question would be more illuminating than him saying "Yes, I denounce white supremacy."

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Robert Byrd renounced his racism and supported every single piece of civil rights legislation there was. Nobody needs to denounce ties to Robert Byrd after he renounced his Klan ties and started becoming a champion for civil rights.

I'm shocked that you weren't aware of that.

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I agree that Trump had denounced white supremacy multiple times already, but I also think he brings this on himself by either cozying up to some fairly questionable people/groups or by doing some stupid ham-fisted tap-dancing around the questions instead of just answering them forthrightly.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Obviously. This is why liar, rapist Trump leads with whites and those without a college degree but is losing with the blacks, the browns, and the asians.

10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It is absolutely not the 'right one'. The right one would be for him to tell his supporters that shouted White Power in a tweet he published, that they aren't welcome and he doesn't want their support. He was asked to do it and refused. He can mention other bigoted groups by name and tell them, that he hates bigotry and doesn't want their support unless they change their bigoted ways. That would be the right strategy.

11. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Invisible Fan, ROXRAN and Ubiquitin like this.
  12. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

They will probably mute him as he answers then say he wouldn't do it. Damn media is savage.

J.R., ROXRAN, Ubiquitin and 1 other person like this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

u stay using your “black wife” as some prop in your posts...it’s getting pathetic

14. BlackHalo

BlackHalo Member

Show me a legit quote/article on where Byrd supported civil rights??? It wasn't until 1993 he came clean "1993, Byrd told CNN that he wished he hadn't filibustered and voted against the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and would take them back if he could."

These were Democrats that Filibustered the Civil Rights Act of '64...

And feel free to discuss Old Strom??? Bidens' mentor, Harris called Biden a Racist in the primary.

You can't be a racist, KKK POS you're whole life and then denounce it when you're old as ****... oh my bad.

15. BlackHalo

BlackHalo Member

Bust the agenda of all Maga people are racist doesn't it? Odd I know.

u stay posting dumb ****... it's getting pathetic.

16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Having a black wife doesn't disprove one is a racist any more than having a wife disproves one is a sexist.

Not saying you're a racist, but just saying -- the race of your wife is not relevant to the discussion.

17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I mean, sure. But he'd absolutely lose. I mean, if he was going to take the right strategy in that sense of 'right', he would step down from the presidency and withdraw from the race and show up at FBI HQ in the morning to confess all his wrongdoings in the interrogation room. But, if we're just looking at the 'right' strategy for him to win, clearly denouncing the bigoted groups that support him will definitely result in an epic loss. The crux of his support is from the far end of the D&I spectrum -- from people who want to protect 'traditional values' and those who want history class to focus on American Exceptionalism all the way to the Klan. He'd kill morale if they thought he was forced to bow to the Political Correctness crowd. And one cheap verbal concession isn't going to expand his appeal after 4 years of his white supremacy. He's going to have to dance with the boy who brought him.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  18. BlackHalo

BlackHalo Member

Fair point. Nicely done.

What about a homophobe being married to man? Could go around that circle all day.

Simply put, I would not be a Trump supporter if I felt he was racist. Though I do disagree, it's very much relevant to the discussion when I constantly read here about all the racist Maga supporters. It's not relevant to you, because it goes against your agenda.

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

your wife is nothing more than a prop...shame

20. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Of course he won't. Trump's ego won't let him.