1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

will the 76ers join the .500 club?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by coldsweat, Mar 12, 2008.

1. coldsweat

coldsweat Member

the sixers are 31-34, only three games from .500. even though they are in the eastern conference, i still didn't expect this record from them. they've beaten several worthy opponents since february, including @DET, @PHX, ORL, DAL. i didn't know about the young talent they had on this team which is why i discounted them - willie green, louis williams, thaddeus young. i still think andre iguodala may become a star that can carry a team, although he definitely is not that right now. andre miller seems to be a steady option for them at point guard and samuel dalembert is a moderate shot-blocking force - perhaps that reflects on his team defense play (i don't know, i haven't watched him closely). anyways, i wanted to ask anyone who has watched them several times how they win, what impresses you about them, what do you think they can do this post-season since i'm curious. if they can lure a free-agent power forward this summer (elton brand maybe? i'm not sure if this is feasible but they have plenty of cap room), they are going to be a dangerous force for sure in the next coming years.

2. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Lot's of teams with plenty of young talent, but thanks to Mo Cheeks the Sixers are one of the few teams that play their hearts out every night. Andre Miller has been their leader, nice vet to have on a team of youngsters.