1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Will Klay Leave GSW in 2019 FA?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by s3ts, May 8, 2019.

?

Will Klay leave GSW in 2019 FA?

Poll closed Jun 26, 2019.
  1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    7.8%
  2. No

28 vote(s)
    54.9%
  3. I don't care

19 vote(s)
    37.3%
  1. s3ts

s3ts Member

Will Klay Leave GSW in 2019 FA?

2. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Warriors should offer Klay the super max at 12:01am July 1st.

Otherwise they would fall back to irrelevance.

Forget KD. He is gone.

Patience, B-Bob, Vivi and 1 other person like this.
  3. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

No.

Klay knows good and damn well he would be exposed if he had to be the man somewhere else. He isn't getting out of this rocking chair, he's just trying to get the Warriors to pay him full price. If the Warriors call his bluff he will sign for less than the max, but I think they will end up maxing him out just to be safe.

edwardc and Sadboy like this.
  4. edwardc

edwardc Member

Clay is where clay will be he's just like Barnes he would be expose for the roll player he is if he leaves.

Ramo$e likes this.
  5. lockedin34

lockedin34 Member

No but I hope so. He’s bailed them out in so many games where their dynasty should have ended. He is their most important player

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Like Nick Wright said few days ago, Warriors can't disrespect him and risk losing him to wait for Durant when everyone knows he's probably gone, they need to offer him the max as soon as they can and i think he'll stay. The only team i can see being in the mix for him are the Clippers, West is a fan of him and i'm actually pretty sure i've read years ago he was the one who didn't want to trade Klay for Love while Myers was willing to do it. Pretty sure Klay has a lot of respect for West so, if he really wants a new challenge etc, i can see him end up with the Clippers, at least if Kawhi also ends up there, but if i have to bet i think he stays with Golden State.

Basically this.

7. s3ts

s3ts Member

I'm betting on GSW taking too long to offer Klay something worthwhile.

As said many times above, Klay would rather stay w/ GSW than anyone else. But I think his patience can easily be tested if the org try too hard to get KD back even if we all think he's probably gone.

Pringles likes this.
  8. jnuge90

jnuge90 Member

Enough w/ the off-season threads yeah?

9. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Would have to sign and trade to make it happen.

Got to take a look at all the wings available to that can shoot and handle ball well.

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

klay should go to the bucks and help their dynasty.

11. Newlin

Newlin Member

What's the offer? Can't really make a prediction without knowing how much the offer is.

12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Would be a very enticing system for him actually. He would have a green light there even brighter than with the Worriers.

13. sw847

sw847 Member

Damn it would be crazy, he would be Middleton on steroids

14. JW86

JW86 Member

He's staying, I'd bet my life savings on that. The owner is not stupid, they have proven they can win without KD and his attitude is less than ideal. Klay wants to stay so no way he's leaving.

15. Major

Major Member

They adjusted their style of play for Durant (rightfully so), but I suspect both Curry and Thompson are looking foward to going back to their old style of play, and if KD is out for part of next series, you'll see them doing well that way. I think there's zero chance he leaves.

Patience and red5rocket like this.
  16. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

Durant will want to end the Warriors dynasty if he's leaving, so most likely he won't make a commitment for a long time hoping that Klay walks.

Warriors would be stupid to fall for that. They are underrated without KD. They just need to sign 3 forwards (MLE, minimum, minimum) and they are contenders again even if they don't have the same luxuries and firepower. Then they can later hunt for an upgrade via Livingston and Iguodala contracts.

I think the Warriors commit to Klay. They know their fanbase wouldn't forgive them if they let him walk and Durant left shortly thereafter.

s3ts and Patience like this.