1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why is it so hard to find rookie year highlights or even first few seasons of James Harden highlight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Outlier, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Outlier

Outlier Member

Am i really that old that they didnt make highlights as much as they do now?

2. WestendMassive

Are they harder or easier to find than videos of T-Mac passing?

s3ts and Jontro like this.
  3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

They certainly did not. Youtube in 2009 was WAYYYYYYYYYYYY smaller then it is today.

RustyHarden likes this.
  4. TimDuncanDonaut

Just checked when i joined youtube. It was 2006, i'm old.

After he retires, Harden will probably do his own book and get an official documentary.

DeBeards likes this.
  5. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I think at least in part it is because he was a sixth man on a team loaded with star power. He wasn’t seen as a star, much less a super star.

Nobody had any idea that he would become a top player in the league.

jch1911, D-rock and Jontro like this.
  6. 疯狂伊文戴德蒙

To be honest, after watching Harden's performance in the last year of Thunder, especially in the playoffs against Spurs, I knew that he would be a qualified 25 + 5 + 5 star SG, and his performance in the first two seasons after joining the rockets was exactly what I thought。
    Then in the 2014 / 2015 season, we broke out a relatively serious wave of injuries. Dwight Howard, another core player, missed half of the games. Other major rotation players also suffered from injuries and missed many games. Our match lineup for a long time was: Motiejūnas, Dorsey, Terry, Johnson, Kanan, and kJ. However, Harden carried the team on his shoulders It's unbelievable that the excellent performance took this Lotto team to second place in the Western Conference.Since then, I've known that Harden has evolved from a 25 + 5 + 5 level star to a super star who can bring his own system and determine the fate of the team

vlaurelio and Mathloom like this.
  7. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

dont worry. the league would dig them up, hyped the highlights over n over again, once the beard officially announced his retirement one day, especially when earning n wearing a ring or two.

8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

That’s deep.

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

He has some really impressive OKC playoff series highlights against teams like the Spurs but that isn't his rookie year.

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

because back then, people only made individual game highlights or mixes for stars/superstars, or for guys who had really big games...there was no DownToBuck to make highlights for role players scoring 10-20 points like was the case with Harden when he was in OKC...all the mixtapes made back then were with low quality footage and with some sh*t music attached

any OKC Harden game where he scored at least 30 in the regular season has been uploaded...a YouTuber named Gearmast3r uploaded every Harden game from his 2012 series vs the Spurs because I requested him to do so...his 2 best games vs the Mavs from the 2011 WCF were also uploaded because I made a request...it’s just not worth it for most YouTubers to go back and start doing Harden highlights from his OKC games...if u go back and look at his game logs, most games he only made like 4 or 5 field goals...a great game would be 7 or 8 made field goals...it’s not worth it when guys back then and now are dropping 30-50

I used to have a channel where I created and uploaded T-Mac and Carmelo Anthony highlights believe it or not...I was uploading in 07 and 08, and stopped because it took so damn long

my videos were around 10 minutes long, but the downloading, editing, and uploading process for a high scoring game back then used to take me like a whole day...now guys can have game highlights uploaded not even 5 minutes after a game is done...I deleted the channel this year...my most viewed video had like 300k views...it was T-Mac vs the Lakers in 2007

#10 Reeko, Jul 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
    fchowd0311 likes this.
  11. HardenVolumeOne

12. Nook

Nook Member

James Harden is the best basketball player ever when it comes to the ability to go from a complete run to a dead stop instantly.

His body control is also off the charts. I can think of other athletes with exceptional body control like Jordan, Erving and Olajuwon.... however I cannot think of any of them that can go..stop..go like Harden does inside of a split second.