1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why don't we do this????

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sydmill, Apr 20, 2007.

1. sydmill

sydmill Member

We have get power forward this offseason. Why we not try to get KG? We must offer Novak and second round pick (if we must sacrifice Chuck Hayes). My companion said me this would not work, but I no comprehend why Rockets not do it. Imagine TMac, KG, and Yao. It be like having Clyde, Akeem, and Barkley during there young. Sorry for my bad english.

2. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

it would take 10 Novak's to equal a KG.

3. jlaw718

jlaw718 Contributing Member

That's absolute insanity. Enough with this crazy talk.

There's no freaking way the Rockets would give up Novak. Sheesh.

4. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Bad english is the least of your worries...

5. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Ummm . . .

1) Minnesota would never do it. Why would they ever trade one of the best players in the NBA for a 2nd rounder and a guy who couldn't get off of our bench

2) Both teams are over the salary cap. This means that the incoming and outgoing salaries have to be within 25% of each other. KG is a superstar and makes a lot of money. Novak is a scrub who probably makes the league minimum. Even if Minnesota agreed to the trade, NBA rules prevent this trade from happening. The fact is, due to salaries, we pretty much couldn't get KG unless we gave them TMAC or Yao in return.

6. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

This thread just made my day. Pure awesomeness. :D

7. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Contributing Member

Novak + Hayes + 2nd rounder for KG

=

[​IMG]

8. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Uh yeah you're going to have to offer more players than that...maybe if they throw in Foye I'll THINK about it...

9. uchlha

uchlha Member

lol i wonder where that sign is from or is it photoshopped

10. Cannonball

Actually, I just checked. You couldn't even trade TMAC straight up for KG straight up. KG just makes too much money.

11. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Contributing Member

From Hell dude .... duh

12. choujie

choujie Member

633 posts and this??

13. daRox

daRox Member

I think we should do it. But I hate to give up Hayes and our second round pick. What do you think about Novak and KG trade straight up?

14. jaredg777

jaredg777 Contributing Member

KG for NOVAK?????? Why not KG and Mike James for Novak and V-Span, I'm sure Minny would go for it :rolleyes:

15. BroadwayBelm

BroadwayBelm Member

lol you trade ANYBODY but tmac and yao for KG...just not BOTH battier and skip, one has to stay.

but trade ANYBODY. thats a fact.

16. sydmill

sydmill Member

I do no understand the rules why payment must match. Why the Rockets no want to win the most greatest crown by getting KG? Do they no understand the spectacle of Garnett with TMac and Yao? Do they no desire the ultimate rewards of great inginuity? I desire new empire of the NBA!!

17. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

read it again

THE NBA RULES DO NOT ALLOW YOUR TRADE

it has nothing to do with whether or not the ROckets would do it, THE NBA RULES PROHIBIT YOUR TRADE FROM HAPPENING.

18. jlwee

jlwee Member

IF Lakers traded Chris Mihm and Jack Nicholason for Yao and T-mac, do you think the rockets will agree? If not, what do you think the wolves will entertain your deal?
    I dont understand the NBA Cap rules either but you still have to make some sense when proposed some trades.......

19. Cannonball

And why would the T-Wolves want to trade the spectacle of Garnett? Do they no understand the fantabulousness that is Novak???

Why don't Wolves want to give all their good player so Rox can win great crown?

20. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Some of you guys (coughRockets2kcough) are taking this too seriously. This thread rules. I like this guy's stubborn bravery in presenting his impossible trade ideas. He's got, uh...moxy.