1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

who do u love more? Harden or Tmac?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pippsux, Oct 22, 2013.

1. pippsux

pippsux Member

Tmac this and tmac that......he is retired but beloved by his fans for his sensational career that rose high but fell flat without a legit playoff appearance
    Or is it the beard and his old man game......a super sub who rose from being a 3rd fiddle to becoming the man surprising all except himself and a stat geek turned GM
    ....who do u love Houston?

2. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

The Rockets :cool:

1 person likes this.
  3. Rox11

Rox11 Member

4. Asian Sensation

5. PatBeverleyFan

6. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

I absolutely despise McGrady and everything he ever stood for.

Harden for sure.

7. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Kevin Martin

8. King901

King901 Member

That's like asking gsw who do they like better curry or ellis. Who do you think people are going to pick?

9. langal

langal Contributing Member

Billy Paultz is my all ime

10. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Why do you peeps asking these questions?

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Tmac. He stole it.

12. Streets 01

Streets 01 Member

T-Mac was the reason I became a Rockets fan.

His game was so smooth, he could literally do anything on the court and he was so much fun to watch. I hated the way he was trashed by Orlando's GM and I followed him to Houston. I quickly became a ROF and soured on T-Mac a bit like many Rockets fans but he's still my favorite Rocket since I've been a full-fledged fan... until now.

James Harden's game isn't as flashy as T-Mac's was but it is MUCH more effective. I LOVE Harden because I understand the game of basketball so much better than I did back then. T-Mac would pull up with that pretty jumper rising up over his defender (which is a low percentage shot), While James would rather drive to the hole and get that contact (putting the other team in foul trouble helps everyone). T-Mac was the better passer (just phenomenal for his size), but both are willing and able. T-Mac was also the better defender (when dedicated it's not close) and rebounder due to his length and athleticism, but James is the superior shooter and ball-handler.

Now here's the big difference I see between the two and why James has usurped McGrady in my book: Harden is far and away the better leader. McGrady used his talent to make others around him better, but James does that and also makes others better by pushing his teammates, being vocal, hanging out off the court, having an insane work ethic and leading by example. He does all this while playing with another superstar and sharing the team (as opposed to Kobe). It's the "intangibles" that give Harden the edge and makes him my favorite Rocket probably ever (I also really liked K-Mart and Artest).

13. MrSabotage

MrSabotage Member

Moochie Norris imo

14. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Tmac was fun to watch when HEALTHY.

15. amak316

amak316 Member

Not hating on Harden, but T-Mac wins this easily as his brand of basketball was much more fun to watch for me. Its hard not to cringe a little when Harden has the ball with < 1min left in a game and tries to run into someone to draw a whistle in hopes of winning the game at the free throw line. T-Mac was just a boss when he was healthy.

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

17. Jacinto

Jacinto Member

Harden, cause he busts his ass during the offseason unlike T-Mac.

18. Grinds

Grinds Member

Good post. One major thing Harden and TMac both share (so far) is the lack of clutch gene. James has showed a little, but his flops are adding. He's young and can improve in that area.

19. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

This may be my favorite GARM post ever. Brilliant. Repped.

20. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

inb4 tinman.