1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where will Andre Johnson end up?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by HouStu_Rocket, Mar 10, 2015.

1. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Self explanatory. Which team will he sign with? I've heard Colts, Patriots, and Packers as most likely locations.

Predict and discuss.

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

He's no longer a Texan, so I don't care. I'm thankful I was able to watch him do HoF things as a Houston fan, but I am not one of those fans that hopes the players succeed when they leave the teams I root for, especially if he goes to a division or conference rival.

3. rocketry

rocketry Member

I had the pleasure of meeting Dre a few times. Humble, down to earth, dude. I wouldn't stay a fan of a lot of athletes, but Dre is special.

I hope he goes to the Patriots and wins a championship. Unless, of course, the Texans are in the running.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I hope neither titans or colts. Preferably the NFC.

5. bgp10626

bgp10626 Member

I read somewhere Gore and Andre are Colts.

6. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Pagano and Dre have ties to the U, as does Gore.

7. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

I truly wish him the best and success on whatever team he chooses.....BUT

if he goes to a division rival, sorry but i hope he sucks

8. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

I think most people would have the same mindset towards any other player, but I think it's different with AJ80. He stuck with the Texans through the crap coaches, the crap QBs, the crap players, the crap GMs. A high character and loyal guy like that deserves to play for a winning team, regardless if its a division or conference rival.

On that note, i dont know how reliable this source is, but http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/3/...son-frank-gore-indianapolis-colts-free-agency

9. bgp10626

bgp10626 Member

I also read somewhere they r looking for reunion of U in colts.

10. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Couldn't possibly root for him as a colt . Wouldn't mind seeing him as a Packer ,wife's dad was a life long GB fan so we kind of follow them

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

A lot of fans who are also high character people have spent a lot of money on watching these same crap coaches, the crap QBs, the crap players, the crap GMs as opposed to making more money than we'd ever know what to do with. AJ winning on another team does nothing for me as a Texans fan.

12. franchise403

franchise403 Contributing Member

As much of an AJ fan I am if he goes to the colts I hope they don't win another game while he's there. Not likely to happen but one can hope.

13. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I see Colts or Patriots.

14. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

If Colts, then he should get a nice ovation early in his first game back, and then get the crap booed out of him until he retires.

15. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

If Andre goes to the Colts Titans or Cowboys than screw him he's dead to me. Any other team and he's still a Texans legend.

16. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

To the forum where they discuss non-Texan players? That, or the IR; either is preferable.

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Thread should remain under the legacy rule.

Will be cheering for him to get good stats in losing efforts, unless they can beat a team ahead of us in the playoff race.

18. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

I still see him as the mascot for the Clutchfans-Texans banner sooo..I think it'll be okay.

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Hearing that Andre Johnson is likely to sign w/Indianapolis Colts. Info from the same person who said Frank Gore was headed to Indy.</p>&mdash; Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) <a href="https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/status/575338557801373696">March 10, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. Nimo

Nimo Member

Don't sleep on the Patriot's chances. They have money now that Revis is officially gone and they need someone to catch the passes Vereen caught last year.