1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When was the last time our point guards combined for 0 assists?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I know Harden is pretty much our Defacto point guard. He handles the ball the most, but does anyone know know the last time our point guards got 0 assists?

I would think the Matt Maloney Era,but I am not sure.

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

November 10, 2013.

3. HoopDreams247

HoopDreams247 Member

Lin had an assist for Harden's 4 pt play that was credited to Casspi.

4. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

harden is the point guard.

5. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

I don't know if that has happened in the entire history of the NBA....but I could be wrong.

1 person likes this.
  6. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

And if my assumption is true...HOT DAMMMN! we just witnessed history the other night!

7. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Harden's 4 pt play was assisted by Lin, and it goes to Cassipi. That's an obvious miss.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I saw Lin make an entry pass to Dwight before he went hot in the first half.

Dwight just could not finish the post play. There went the only assist.

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

Lin should have had at least a few assists... guys just could not finish the easy shots they were given. Also I think the scorers messed up a couple times as mentioned above.

10. lemonpie

lemonpie Member

Beverley sucks

11. tarzanman

tarzanman Member

Funny stat only because we won.

12. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Lin should have at least two less TO's and tow more assists each game if Asik could catch

13. yao_fan

yao_fan Member

Watching the first quarter of the Toronto game when the starting lineup was on the court. What strikes me is we almost have two separate offensive flows. (1) James ISO, pass to Bev for 3pt. (2) Parsons pass to Dwight, Dwight sometimes pass it back to Parsons. Good individual effort from Parsons, James and Dwight. However, only occasional ball transfers between the two systems are observed. Asik is almost forgotten during offense.

James and Parsons shared the PG duty in terms of assists.

That is the reason why Lin can not start. He does not fit in either offensive flows. Instead, Lin is likely to create the 3rd offensive flow of Lin+Asik. This will weaken James considerably.

14. daleri

daleri Member

What counts as an assist sure seems nebulous to me. I could have sworn I saw Lin make a pass to Harden for a spot up three that should have been an assist. I found the moment on Synergy. At 36 sec left in the 3rd Asik misses a FT, Casspi gets the rebound, passes back to Lin who takes a dribble, picks it up and passes to Harden who is coming back from getting into defensive position during the FTs and Harden immediately pulls up for a three from the top of the key, makes it, and gets fouled. I do not know why that's not an assist.

15. dxdx

dxdx Member

Lin made several plays actually, but the ball was bounced once before being shot/slam. Such as the fast break pass to TJones, who bounced once before slamming and once pass to Asik who buttered fingered it for it to bounce, but caught it and slammed home. Of course, the obvious mis-assist credit to Omri also.

So yes, he did make plays and contributed to the game's offense outside of his points.

16. Merovingian

Merovingian Member

I think Lin made at least 1 assist last game :confused:

17. Razsan

Razsan Member

Near the end of the 3rd, Jeremy passes to Harden who drills a 3...Casspi gets the assist.
    Scorekeeper fail.

18. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Um - odd question in the thread title?

Either: we only have 1 starting PG, in which case he can't combine with anyone for 0 assists.

Or: we have 2 starting PGs, in which case they combine, but Harden would be the 2nd (taking the 2 premise) - in which case they didn't combine for 0 assists.

19. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Our PG Harden got 10 AST last night due to the great performance of our 6th man SG Lin