1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What should we do if JVG really gets banned?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by happyricky, May 3, 2005.

Tags:
  1. happyricky

happyricky Contributing Member

I havn't start any thread since joining here, since I don't think I can bring up better opinions than other posters. But after reading ESPN article, I am really worried about JVG. If the damn Stern dares to ban JVG, what should we do and what can we do as Rockets fan? I just wish I am simply overreacting.

Here is my suggestions on supporting JVG in case he gets severe penalty from the league:

1. Email our complaint to NBA.
    2. Call to cancel Your League Pass.
    3. Don't go to the first 5 games next season.
    4. For funs from China, push CCTV not to buy the broadcast next season.

You can add more here, and if Clutch think this is repeated topic, please merge it into other threads.

2. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

Hire Phil Jackson

3. wwale

wwale Contributing Member

Get him a job in chinese government. The post's only responsibility is to supervise china's negotiation with NBA. So basically if Mr.Stun ever wants to make a nickel in China, his talking to and being humiliated by JVG is a preliminary requirement.

#3 wwale, May 3, 2005
    Last edited: May 3, 2005
  4. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

I'm serious when I say this: Yao should threaten to retire from the NBA if JVG is banned for sticking up for him.

5. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

You can't ban someone for life for speaking the truth!:confused:

If that happens, then I will stop watching the NBA. I am sick and tired of the NBA and its crooked officials:mad:

6. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

See my sig.

7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Ain't gonna happen, but if it does, Phil is by far the best prospect out there, even his haters can admit that.

8. rvpals

rvpals Member

We as fans can basically do nothing to change anything.

How come I don't see the owner taking JVG's side on this thing?

9. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

I am sure that he is - behind the scenes

this is a silly rant by senior stern - the owners will NEVER stand for this (coachs are part of "management")

in a year when DS should be focusing on getting a new CBA signed - he is throwing out ridiculous fines, and talking $hit about one his more prominant coaches

10. tonygan

tonygan Member

Rudy Tomjanovich :D :D :D

11. Daedalus

Daedalus Member

if Sprewell can still play in this league.............

12. tigermission1

Stern is REALLY disliked by the Players' Union. His dictatorial "take it or leave it" ways seem to be leading the league down the road to a lockout, yet again.

Stern is Stalin of the NBA: harsh and brutal, but still led the league to its "golden era".

13. tigermission1

But Willis, the problem is Stern derives his power FROM the owners support, and apparently even if they don't say so, they for the most part agree with him.

I heard multiple times that Les and Stern are very close to each other professionally speaking. In fact, Les even said that HE was the one directly responsible for Stern's position on the age limit clause they are trying to work into the CBA. Les said that he is one of the closest owners to Stern, and they see eye-to-eye on many things.

Well, hope whatever leverage he has can help JVG out in this.

14. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

I think the Stern run NBA has jumped the shark. Time for a new commissioner, a new direction.

15. Asian Sensation

What's really interesting while I was watching Cold Pizza on ESPN is how everyone on the show all believed the "referee friend" is real and how they think this "ref" should be found and fired. Stern along with the rest of the media are all fools!

16. 12stonestool

12stonestool Member

Man isn't that a little over sensitive by the league to ban a coach for saying this wow if the nba does this I might never watch another sporting event, I will have lost all trust in sports. Go VAn Gundy and dont give up your name.

17. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

check out ESPN's front page poll

after 50K votes - 89% of the people think the $100 K was too much

the fans are speaking _ Stern is losing his mind

18. tigermission1

Because the "FANS" see what we see, they watched those games too. You don't have to be a Rockets fan to watch those games and see the truth. The "fans" know JVG made a legitimate statement, and I am sure they despise Stern as much as all basketball fans do.

What else is this guy going to do? He already ruined one powerhouse team that could have been set to come out from the Eastern Conf (Indiana), and now he is "talking tough" about JVG with a tone that reflects his arrogance. The man has let power go to his head. I have a feeling he won't be here as commissioner for too long into the future. I think the guy has been around long enough, and has created enough bad blood among players/coaches and his office.

I am not saying this because of the JVG incident only, I have felt this way for a few years now.

19. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

no one wants that ugly tea bag of an excuse for a coach.

20. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

JVG should become Chinese National Team coach, and sue NBA at the same time. Meanwhile, fans should file a class action to sue NBA as well, simply want compensation for your tickets, league pass, and merchandise. Because we want no piece of fixed games, biased officiating, and dictatorship in a free world.