1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What makes Patrick Mahomes better than Deshaun Watson?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DaBeard, Sep 27, 2019.

1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

The hatred for watson is just outright stupid. Best franchise qb we have, and he's being held back by a sht coach and oline.

Regardless of Watson's shortcoming, I rather the HC get fired and replace before we do anything.

red5rocket and Fulgore like this.
  2. Red.Glare

Red.Glare Member

I agree. Honestly I think Watson wouldn't of been quit as good as Mahomes in KC. And I believe Mahomes wouldn't of been as good as Watson in Houston because I feel Watson is a better escape artist.

Glad you're still watching football. But we probably could of skipped today's game though :)

red5rocket and deb4rockets like this.
  3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

How about we fire the coach who brought those guys in

4. Texanstradamus

5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Next week should be more in to watch. I'm not worried about Atlanta.

Red.Glare likes this.
  6. vonbock

vonbock Member

Hey Casey Keenum has been further in the playoffs than any of the Texans QB's since Obrien has been here.

7. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

So you’re saying you would take Keenum over Watson?????

raining threes and csj like this.
  8. vonbock

vonbock Member

Well with Watson, we are below average team anyways. We only win games because we are in a bad division.
    I would rather have Keenum but as a temporary qb but have the 2nd round pick from Osweiler trade, the 2 picks from the Watson trade, and the 2 1st round picks and 2nd from Tunsil trade. WIth all those picks we could have a good offensive line surrounding Josh Allen or Lamar Jackson.
    Now if you told me me that with all those picks, the inept Texans front office would have blown those picks selecting guys like Clowney, Louis Nix, SuaFilo, Kevin Browne then I would agree you.

9. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Josh Allen? Lmao can’t be serious. Watson sucked today I agree but the kid is a stud with superstar talent. He will be just fine and so will the Texans.

pgabriel likes this.
  10. ReliantTexan

ReliantTexan Member

I think just about any good offensive player would be worse had they started their career here. That might sound extreme but just think how few stud players Obrien's offense has produced over the last 6 years. Will Fuller, Nick Martin, Fiedorowicz are probably at the top of the list and I use the term "stud" very loosely with them. Deshaun is the most talented QB we've ever had but he's slowly regressed from his rookie season. Virtually every O-lineman drafted hasn't lived up to their pre-draft billing (Sua-filo, Martin, Rankin, Howard) all were drafted in top 3 rounds. We've had 3 tight-ends drafted in the third round and all have had average to below average production. Multiple blockbuster trades, big free agent signings and all of it has equated to a below average offense.

Compare that to Kubiak's regime, where you had an undrafted free agent like Foster become one of the best backs in the league, multiple Tight ends drafted in the later rounds who were very productive (Daniels, Dreesen, Graham, Casey). Multiple pro-bowlers on the O-line (Brown, Winston, Brooks, Meyers, Briesel, Smith) most of whom were gotten from the bargain bin. And offenses that were almost always near the top of the NFL.

Red.Glare likes this.
  11. likestohypeguy

I'm just worried, after year upon year of record setting hits/sacks/injuries, he's going to end up shell-shocked/PTSD'd like D. Carr.

12. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Mahomes played just as bad, but his coaches picked him up today.

This is basically the Warriors vs the Rockets.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

And yet, Kubiak never got further than O'Brien here in HOUSTON (Divisional round losses).

raining threes likes this.
  14. ReliantTexan

ReliantTexan Member

Kubiak didn't have the luxury of winning his division by default every year and riding his defense into the playoffs. Also Kubiak's teams had much better showings once they were in the playoffs (demolished a talented Bengals team with Yates at QB). Obrien's teams showed their a** as soon as they ran into a team that wasn't the Connor Cook led Raiders. Kubiak's main issue here was not letting go of bad defensive coordinators sooner, and by the time he finally found one Schaub's career was in the toilet (post-lisfranc) and the clock had run out for him.

vonbock likes this.
  15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I think the point is OBrien replaced Keenum with Mallet and Hoyer and Brock

16. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL....All that doesn't matter. Kubiak had the SAME success as O'Brien (division round losses....doesn't matter how good u look in a game u lose). LOL. Kubiak chose not to draft a QB, he chose to keep the D-Coordinator.

17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

18. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I don't think Kelce threw an interception yesterday so Andy Reid maybe just maybe knows what he's doing.

raining threes and Mr.Scarface like this.
  19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Better team. Better coach(es). Better front office.

Otherwise I'd roll with Watson over anybody in the league. Kid just has it.

20. raining threes

It by it you mean holds on to the ball to long and was very inaccurate yesterday then I would agree. Yesterday he played like a word that rhymes with it.

You can say Watson had a bad game and not be a BOB lover, correct?