1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is your dream scenario for tomorrow?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by sydmill, Jun 22, 2016.

1. sydmill

sydmill Member

Realistically? I think that sets us up nicely with a younger squad that, along with a key free agent or two, can grow this season with James and MDA. One turnaround season with an up and coming roster could put us in the room with Blake Griffin (who I think is the perfect compliment to James and a perfect fit with MDA's offense). What, you hoping we shock the world and score all of Boston's picks in exchange for Dekker?

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

My dream is that we look back at this draft 6 years from now and think, damn we cleaned up considering we didn't have a single 1st round draft pick the night before it started.

3. Levi

Levi Member

getting rid of corey brewer in any way, shape, or form

1 person likes this.
  4. t-mac4bigmac

t-mac4bigmac Member

Tyler Ulis - would be the best point guard in the draft if not for his size. To me, he would be a very effective backup point guard, especially under D'Antoni who knows how to utilize pure point guards.

Caris Levert - A good shooter with good passing/ball-handling skills. As a wing player, his skills would fit D'Antoni's offense.

5. rockets13champs

We wont trade for any players to mess with our cap situation. If anything we lose guys to help with cap

6. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

please don't draft any Foreign player......

I don't want to see 200 threads a year about so n so is the next Steve Nash / Dirk Nowitzki etc.

7. awc713

awc713 Member

I'd like to nab yogi Ferrell out of IU in the 2nd

8. fattz

fattz Member

Trade Capela to Boston for Smart, draft Tim Luwawu, Pasal Siakam & Petr Cornelie

Smart / Harden / Ariza / Harrell / DMo
    Bev / Luwawu / Dakkar / Siakam / Cornelie

In time (championship run 2017 - 2018)
    Smart / Harden / Luwawu / Siakam / DMo

9. AceballerGTR

AceballerGTR Member

Somehow someway we end up with Gary Payton II

10. Juxtaposed Jolt

Why so eager to trade a bonafide superstar for unknowns?

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Taking advantage of the opportunity.
    I like Harden, but I like the team more.

12. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

this is my dream too! Given the number of teams that are trying to move out of the draft, it strikes me that there's real value here, if we are willing to take some risks. Why not double down on this draft? if your name isn't James Harden we should be shopping you for picks; and we should consider trading future picks if we think there's a franchise player in this draft who is attainable.

13. Down19

Down19 Contributing Member

Kay Felder from Oakland is insanely raw. 4th in the nation in PPG, 1st in APG and had a higher max vertical than Vince Carter

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

He's also insanely short, 5'9. And this is coming from a Kay Felder fan. Love how he goes 100% on both ends of the court, but his size will be a huge detriment at next level.

But should be a stud off the bench. Would love him in late 2nd or as UDFA. Same with Georges Niang. Like Felder, great intangibles and efficiencies to offset the size disadvantages.