1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do you guys think of Monty Williams differring notes?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Liberon, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

My opinion about this guy is not good after that segment concerning how he takes notes about what Phil Jackson and opposing coaches do. I honestly think Hornets just got lucky with CP3 floor coaching to get those 2 wins against the Lakers. I know he's an interim coach or whatever but this guy really doesn't know what he's doing half the time. To Landry: "You know what you gotta do? Just bring it and maybe a dunk a few times to juice yourself up." LOL And then there's stuff like "I look at how Phil talks to the players are they embark on the bench or what he does during timeouts." He might as well say "I look how Phil spits into a paper towel and tucks it into his pocket to use later because it really helps to know how a legendary coach such as Phil would approach such matters" LOL This dude showcase of his incompetence is unbelievable and if they CP3's floor coaching doesn't pull through and they get blown out game 6, I would say Monty William's complete incompetence can be partially to to blame. :grin:

2. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

Um... You think a rookie coach is an idiot by taking notes on what a Hall of Fame does.

Wow.

3. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

It's not the fact that he took notes, it's the simplicity of basic knowledge or how the note taking was described. If you don't know how to talk to players while they are about to check in or return to the bench why are you even a coach? If you don't think that segment revealed incompetence to go along with his wired segments of how he talks to players than that is beyond me. He should have learned the basics he described in the segment as a assistant.

4. MONON

MONON Member

Idiotic indeed!:grin:

5. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Standard Liberon pattern:

1. Start stupid thread;

2. Respond to every subsequent post so that out of a four page thread, two pages are Liberon answers.

Ug.

6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Why don't you coach them? You'd do the exact same thing. Oh wait no, you'd be even MORE clueless.

7. Glenyo

Glenyo Member

It's not luck it's skill ;)

8. clippy

clippy Member

He seems like a very good coach to me. Have you listened to those "wired" in clips from top coaches? They say the same old cliches. I actually thought his advice for Landry to throw it down to send a message made a lot of sense.

9. gah

gah Member

To me Monty Williams has been a pleasant surprise, his team overachieved for most of the season. To judge a coach by the corny wired segments is to judge a politician by his speech and not actions taken.

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I was listening to Ghill's podcast of his injury from the other thread and at the end he talks about Williams...says they went to a duke game once and Monty pulled out a notepad and started taking notes as to what Coach K was doing/saying. Must be working for him to have achieved some success quickly. This was just after he retired from the NBA.

Also says Monty genuinely cares about people and that's how he connects with his players..