1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Westbrick VS CP3

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets4lf, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Too bad they grew up together and have brotherhood type of bond unlike CP3 and he who are from two different eras and generations. Another reason why Westbrook ain’t going anywhere is because they yet to play in a playoffs series together in Rockets jerseys. We are stuck all we can do is add on to this tandem or lose both and start over. If you want to bash him then bash them we will see if they are what we think they are.

2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

When CP3 gets hurt when the games really start to matter his presence will be a mute point.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

Well duh. I already know houston is unfortunately stuck with him for the next 4 years. Don’t remind me

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

That’s what hopefuls have to wish for. An injury. How sad

5. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

Interesting what you were expecting from Russ when we got him... I did not expect him to be a shooter or CP3, but to be someone who added more fastbreaks and easy transition buckets to our system. I still am hoping for that. I see it but I don't see it enough. I still like our system given Harden, but the conversation should be wanting more from our coaching in parallel with wanting more from Russ.

smp and DreamShook like this.
  6. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I was expecting him to continue to suck as he's done for a while now. I hoped he'd prove me wrong. He has not.

J Sizzle likes this.
  7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Kind of funny but that player is Harden only without the fastbreak transition play.

Harden even rebounds well for a guard, not Westbrook levels as Westbrook could be argued as being the best rebounder ever at his position realistically, but well enough he rebounds...then he affects the pace of the game, has great IQ, can even play defense...yeah, that player isHarden.

If we had two Harden's we'd be unstoppable.

J Sizzle likes this.
  8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'd trade Westbrook for a better fitting star player, that's it. Or a guy capable of being a star player. Ideally, you'd want superstar spot up shooter that could literally drop 30 on open shots and moves well off the ball...A Ray Allen type or Klay Thompson type...Beal would be great, but Wizards clearly are building around him.

So who and who will make that trade? If we trade with a team that's interested in him, say the Heat, we'd get draft picks and some young players back, just hopes and reams that they develop...along with a 30 year old player in his prime that doesn't have 2-3 years to wait for that.

We aren't getting any young stars like KAT or Siakam or any other pipe dream as they are franchise players. Aaron Gordon, maybe a guy like that, but you'd think Orlando would want Westbrook to pair with their young player, not to build around them.

That means we'd be in the market of taking on bad contract guys. Like Love or Wiggins and are those guys really better than Westbrook? I'm not going to get into the whole stat thing, I explained in the other thread why stats such as +/- and net rating can be completely misleading and even used its creators explanations to show why, but those guys don't help us. Wiggins is just a worse westbrook that can't rebound as well, inconsistent defense, and lacking confidence. Love barely plays games...if he were healthy then maybe but forget it. He can barely play 40 games in a season.

I just don't see a trade that makes the Rockets better right now. Only a trade that sets us up well after Harden and if you do that, you may as well trade Harden and go full rebuild. So we have Westbrook right now for better or worse. So you are right here, the only solution, the best solution is to make it work.

Star players are hard to come by and I think the team stats say Russ is positively affecting team play, it's not like we are losing, we are not. We're right there in the thick of things for 2nd best in the west.

RocketsFan247 likes this.
  9. dmoneybangbang

Exactly. Paul George who missed significant time with OKC while WB was still able to drag OKC to the playoffs?

WB has proved he could drag an OKC team that without a second star into the playoffs too.

Im sorry but WB isn’t as bad as you want him to be.

icewill36 and hakeem94 like this.
  10. dmoneybangbang

It’s all really a moot point since once PG left the Thunder, the owner and harden pushed for WB...

All your complaining is also a moot point since WB will be here for at the least the season. I don’t find any use in complaining what has been done, I prefer solutions.

11. dmoneybangbang

This.

There’s valid criticism and then there’s being a hater....

Lots of folks on this forum are acting like the media that we hate...

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

and this is exactly why i wouldn't trade wb for george.. i dont trust george to stay healthy... imagine we go to the playoffs and hes not healthy? i realize this is very subjective but thats how i feel

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

Then what’s the point of a forum then right

14. dmoneybangbang

The freedom to b**** about things you can’t change instead of rolling with the punches?

On the other I get to point out those b****ing to b****. It’s gonna be a long season!

15. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

I think Russ is better handling the ball more. Either that or not play Harden and Russ together. It is not working when both are on the court at the same time.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

Instead talk about something you can’t control either right

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Cold Cold Cold
    Rockets will heat up
    They are cold as Ice now

Rocket River

19. dmoneybangbang

Im thinking of solutions and you’re b****ing. Bottomline, one of us is emotionally steady...

Better block me if you are going to continue to play the “b****ing role”. I’m here to talk about making this work instead of bashing of WB...

20. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Gotta roll with Westbrook because he is a rocket and he doesn’t have the injury potential. He’s still young enough to learn/adjust a bit

I’m still in the give it time camp