1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Welcome Jordan Bell

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, Feb 5, 2020.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Right now all the hullabaloo is about what other center the rockets are going to get.... and while i do agree we need another player, lets warmly welcome Jordan Bell. I am always super critical of MDA in terms of giving younger guys PT, but even i have to admit he will give guys a quick look ( keeping rotation minutes is another thing entirely)... and i think he will give Bell a look as a backup in the mold of capela or harrell. Especially, if we find ourselves in a blowout situation ... which given the number of threes we are going to jack up might start happening ( both winning and losing maybe) soon.

This guy looked OK at times in GS no ? Even though he was a rookie right, tho i do remember harden cooking him, but who cant harden cook ? What has been the story with him since?

Hollic likes him and the rockets just traded for him, woah what is going on here ?

Anyways i think he will get a look, depending on who else we pick up, and if he looks good he might earn a 15 mpg role. My preference right now is to get Keef Morris as another shooting big, then save the rest of the room under the tax to see what shakes loose in the buyout market.

Is bell still athletic ? Has he acquired any new skills or honed his defense ? Can he finish at the rim ?

I cant remember if it was him , or looney that made clint look bad ( likely it was the entire GS defense )

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

3. Vivi

Vivi Member

Don't get your hopes up, a lot of people were super high on him when he was drafted, everyone tought he was going to be a great fit with the Warriors cause he was one of the most nba ready players in the draft, good defender etc...the Warriors also paid like 3.5M to buy him from the Bulls so, they were really high on him, but he never really played much and they ended up letting him go. This season he couldn't do much in a tanking team like Minnesota so, although you never know,like i said, i wouldn't get my hopes up.

joshuaao, napalm06 and snowconeman22 like this.
  4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

one thing not to like is that he is old. He's in his 3rd season and already 25. Potentially means that he was older than most college players and thus his defense looked better than it would at the nba level.

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yep exactly, that's why they said he was more ready then the other rookies, but he also had less upside and ended up being worse then expected from the go so, yeah.

6. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

25 is old lol

D-rock likes this.
  7. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

8. Adiano-Malko

Adiano-Malko Member

Can’t be any worse than LTS...but but but championship experience lol

9. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Good luck, may you answer our hopes better than the last player we acquired named Jordan --LL.

10. Garner

Garner Member

Jordan bell has done enough dumb **** to indicate he’s not going to figure it out in the NBA.

don’t get your hopes up.

11. CALI_MOST_WANTD

He going have to earn his welcome from me

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Omer, hakeem94 and jcmoon like this.
  13. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I doubt he gets off the bench.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

i bet he does. he has a ton of familiarity with harden and even wb

#14 YOLO, Feb 6, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
  15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Hartenstien is better than him right now and he's younger than Bell.

16. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Jordan bell gonna let James harden clean his championship ring!

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. psaman17

psaman17 Member

This. He's athletic, can seemingly catch and finish around the rim. No reason why he can't replicate 70% of Capela's role if he is mentally ready.

D-rock likes this.
  18. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Impressed how KD calmed him down.

Kerr is a douche, very cool with Bell now.

20. SuraGotMadHops

Whenever we trade for a guy that comes here to ride the bench, I always think back to when we traded for Jake Tsakalidis, and when asked what his role would be, JVG said something like "nothing really, just another Greek guy for Spanoulis to complain on the bench with"

mfastx likes this.