1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Watch out for the Sonics!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CompaqC, Mar 19, 2001.

1. CompaqC

CompaqC Member

They're the hottest team right now with a five game winning streak. Better watch out for them especially if we lose to the Kings tomorrow.

The Sonics don't have that tough of a schedule either and could very well win 46 games this season. Do you think they are any threat to us?

------------------
    Dream
    Rejects
    Every
    Attempt
    Made

2. Rollinrockets

Rollinrockets Member

They are behind. I choose not to look back...only forward. We have bigger fish to fry...so we must beat the little fish without a doubt.

------------------

3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

For the Sonics to win 46 games they have to go 10-3 the rest of the year. Their schedule includes 2 games against the Spurs, 2 against Milwaukee, 2 against Houston, 2 against Phoenix, and one each against Minnesota, Philadelphia and Dallas. All of those teams have better records than the Sonics, so I see that as a tougher schedule than you apparantly do. Their main saving grace is that only 3 of those games are on the road. Realistically, they will need to beat the Rockets in both of their games in order to catch Houston. The Rockets are on a pace to win 47 games and they, too, are hot. As a matter of fact, in the last 10 games, the Sonics have dropped 2 games in the standings to Houston.

------------------

4. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I wouldn't quite say winning 5 games in a row, the last two of which over cupcakes Chicago and Golden State, is hotter than winning 16 of 20 and coming back from down 20 to beat the best team in the league the Spurs. Their schedule is actually pretty difficult too. Sonics are out of the picture.

------------------
    "We're not settling for just getting in the playoffs." "We want a higher seed. There's no doubt. We expect to get in."-- Steve Francis

President of the Mo Taylor and Jason Collier fan club!

Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com

5. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

last time i checked,
    PHILLY has had the league's best record since opening night.
    I say they represent the East in the FInals, so you better not count them out.

------------------

6. Francis3

Francis3 Member

When is Iverson coming back? The sixers are going to be playing the suns which if they dont have Iverson, I dont think they can win.

------------------
    "Break off the block like Maurice Green" --- Steve Francis

President of the Moochie Norris fan club.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Funny thing . .. Rockets get grief for
    'feasting' on the East . . . .yet sixers
    'who feast IN THE EAST' are seen as all world

They a'ight

Rocket River

------------------