1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Videogame] Star Wars: Battlefront

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RESINator, Oct 19, 2015.

Tags:
  1. RESINator

RESINator Member

Anyone play the PC beta? How does it feel/compared to BF4? Any first impressions? Is it epic?

2. waste55

waste55 Member

I did. It's a fun shooter. Looks and sounds great. Lack of traditional Battlefront content is disappointing.

Also vehicle controls were poor. The idea of using a flight stick for vehicles like I did in the past are out the window with this control scheme.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It should be called Star Wars: Battlefield 4 because it doesn't feel like a Battlefront game, more of a skin for a Battlefield game.

Playing the beta ensured that I won't be buying it but it was alright as an online FPS if that's all you want it to be. If they had actually made a Battlefront game complete with a story mode it would have been amazing because it is a "pretty" game.....

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Fun but not innovative. Very safe game mechanics. Sadly no campaign. :(

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Best way to describe it. Brings nothing new to the table, which is the main reason why I won't be purchasing. Can't see this being worth playing for more than a few weeks.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I played but didn't get to do much. Never made it inside a vehicle. I wish it felt bigger and there was easy access to fun vehicles (like BF4).

I think I will like the game but not sure it'll be better than BF4. I didn't even attempt to play the cops & robbers BF because the better was so boring.

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Does it have battles from the new movie? Original trilogy? Prequels?

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Haven't played it but from what I've read there won't be anything from the prequels. In general, I think Star Wars is looking to distance itself from those films.

9. Anticope

Anticope Member

I know that it has maps on both Hoth and Tattooine. The Hoth map in particular looks like it could be very nostalgic as you can control AT-ATs and AT-STs as well as play as Luke or Vader.

10. marky :)

marky :) Member

Every time I get excited for a BF game I end up buying and playing it religiously for a couple of weeks and then I never touch the game after that.

Will probalby do the same for this one as well

11. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

So, there's single player missions against AI bots but no campaign or story mode?

I just finished playing Tomb Raider on Xbox One after it was made available for free for Live Gold users. That's the most fun I've gotten out of a game in as long as I can remember. I saw they are releasing a new one for the holidays. The character controls were done very well imo. It will be hard for me to resist buying that new one.

This one...not so sure about. If it is mostly all about online FPS play, then not sure how long I would play it before I got bored. I would love to play a story mode and I'm kind of pissed the game won't have it. Tomb Raider did it really well imo. Just wish there was a good one for Star Wars. The last Star Wars game I played that I actually liked was probably the arcade one.

If all this is...is a dressed up Star Wars over a BF engine...then it sounds like they blew it. It will sell just because its Star Wars.

12. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Yeah, Battlefront is basically Battlefield in the Star Wars universe. This is the 3rd game in the series (though first one to actually be developed by the BF studio). I think the first two games had a single-player/story mode, but IIRC, it wasn't anything special. It sucks if you want a good single-player Star Wars game, but this game is targeted towards gamers who want some good multiplayer action. And there's nothing wrong with that.

I might have my facts wrong, but I think EA has another studio working on a single-player focused Star Wars game. I want to say that's the game with the former director from Naughty Dog (she wrote and created the Uncharted series...which the new Tomb Raider games are heavily inspired by). Maybe some other talented folks too. That's probably the game to look forward to, though it is EA so...remain cautious.

edit:
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...game-like-uncharted-and-1313-says-nolan-north
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07...-studio-to-work-on-amy-hennigs-star-wars-game
    Yeah, Amy is working with Visceral Games (Dead Space), and apparently Jade Raymond (producer for Assassin's Creed games...well the early ones) is helping setup some studios to aid in the game's development.

13. RESINator

RESINator Member

How many max players in a game (PC version)? Are their bots in the MP matches similar to titanfall?

14. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

I was super stoked until I learned there wasn't a single player campaign.

I'm old and have no interest in any online multiplayer.

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Looks like an old school fps

16. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I'm 100% with you. No single player means no purchase for me.

17. trigun333

trigun333 Member

Honestly, I really enjoyed the beta and will be buying it within the first couple of weeks. I may have enjoyed it more that others because I took a year off from playing any FPS games. I really believe doing that and allowing to cleanse my palate from that genre allowed me to enjoy the game more. I enjoyed the Hoth level and I'm looking forward to other maps that are similar to that format. I saw that one of the modes that was locked in the beta may be all airship battles and really hope that's the case. Excited about the game and can't wait for it to be released.

18. marky :)

marky :) Member

I should of played the Beta. Anyone who played the Beta, how was the weapons system in the game?

Typical BF set up where attachments for weapons are unlocked through completing tasks for said weapon?

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They didn't really have attachments for weapons in the beta, but I bet they will in the full release. In the beta, you level up by gaining points for doing tasks and you get things like "thermal detonators" and jet packs and shields that you can use in game once unlocked.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

As a BF guy I didn't miss the attachments, considering you get things like a rocket pack.