1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video Games] Dead Space 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rawool, Feb 2, 2013.

1. rawool

rawool Member

The game comes out Tuesday. One of my favorite series of this generation.

I wasn't excited about the new co-op, but my roommate is willing to give it a try with me. I played the demo, was fun. Should be interesting messing around with the weapon crafting.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/U356b_x0_4U?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TFYCgC2hFwk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Paid off my preorder. The ending was already leaked, and I don't know the specifics, but it looks like EA is going to start getting a reputation pretty soon.

It sounds like they're killing off Clarke. I wonder if Casey Hudson came up with that idea too?

3. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Just so you're not surprised/disappointed when you fire up the game tomorrow, you can't play local co-op. Your roommate will need a separate PS3 with an internet connection, copy of the game, EA online ID, and probably an online code.

4. rawool

rawool Member

Damn, forgot about the online pass. Do you know how much it'll probably be for an online pass?

My roommates and I have a method of using one game disc for two separate consoles on the 360 without any software hacks. It's how we play most of our online games together.

5. ClutchCityReturns

I don't play online games much, but I think it's about $10 to purchase an online pass separately from the game.

6. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

This online pass bull**** and lack of couch co-op is getting old..

7. droopy421

droopy421 Member

Wait, so for co-op a person will have to have another copy of the game?? I can't just play with my roommate with a single copy?

8. ClutchCityReturns

Right.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

Feels harder than last time Took me 20 tries to try and solve that coronna tower quarantine room, couldn't do it with with 3/4 health pack, so I moved onto the shuttle instead. Frustrating. I like the game, but more headaches than I remember. Monsters seems faster and come in greater numbers earlier. And they are right on m back.

10. ClutchCityReturns

Yep. The only time I ever got mad while playing the earlier games was when I'd die on Hardcore mode in DS2 and had to replay a few chapters. I'm currently about 75% through DS3 on Impossible mode and I've straight up rage quit on several occasions. This doesn't include the countless times that I've fired off some choice words at no one in particular or tossed my controller in the air out of frustration.

One of the worst things is the save system. I stumbled into a boss battle while armed with some really terrible weapons for the situation, but because of the auto-save feature I couldn't go back to a bench and change my load out. It took me two separate play sessions and about 50 tries to finally beat it.

To think, people have actually beaten this game on Hardcore (a single death takes you back to the start of the entire game).

11. droopy421

droopy421 Member

Been playing through the game on Hard for my first playthrough. Only part that took me multiple multiple attempts was waiting for the tram the first time when you have two of the unkillable mobs chasing you along with a bunch of those fast crawlers. Very fun game, I really enjoy the customization of all the weapons. I'm on chapter 11 I think. Taking my time with it as much as possible searching every nook and cranny.

Do you ever get more weapon slots than two?