1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tyson Chandler believes Knicks' new point guards will improve their offense

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by redhotrox, Oct 6, 2012.

1. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/lin-knicks-chandler-offers-counterpoint-chemistry-article-1.1176440?localLinksEnabled=false

2. Shaud

Shaud Member

lmao @ including himself.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I've always though Lin had a little Steve Francis in him, even back when he played at Golden State.

But I think he is diligently improving his overall floor game.

4. Fefo

Fefo Member

This article didnt mention Prigioni, but i think he will get some minutes. He is a pass first pg who can shoot if left open. I think he will help them a lot, with his maturity and his game.

5. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

it's no different than Kobe saying he's one of the best players on the Lakers.

Tyson was awesome.

6. Shaud

Shaud Member

It's very different. Kobe is 'one of the best players on the Lakers".

Tyson Chandler is the 3rd best player on the Knicks because of his defense not his offense.

In fact base on where he was drafted his career has been a disappointment.

7. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Who cares if his career was a disappointment. He was one of the best players on the Knicks last year, which is what he's saying. At the very least, he was the 3rd best. In my view, he was the 2nd best. And I've seen people saying he was the best last year - which, considering the off/injured year for Melo, you can make a case for.

Another thing. There's a huge difference between having no post game and having no offense. Ben Wallace had no offense. Chandler has no post game. But he's super efficient player offensively, if used properly. Your statement is extremely one sided here.

8. King Boo

King Boo Member

He's not playing with Jeremy Lin anymore, he's playing with Felton and Kidd. What else would you expect him to say at this point lol?

9. Shaud

Shaud Member

Where did I say he had no offense? I said he's the 3rd best player on NY because of his defense which is a fact. Whether he is the 1st,2nd, or 3rd best player on NY it is based off strictly what he does defensively not offensively.

Whether or not the Knicks are successful on offense depends on if Melo and Amare figures out how to play with each other on a consistent basis.

10. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

idk why you reacted to his statement the way you did, then. All he said was that he's one of the best Knicks players - which is true on both ends, considering his efficiency - and he needs to be given the ball in right spots. Considering his offense (PnR/cuts/transition) he's absolutely right.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It is not true on the offensive end. He was efficient because all he did was dunk from being fed by... oh yeah, the PG.

It's like saying that since Chuck Hayes is more efficient than Kyle Lowry, therefore he is a better offensive player.

But yeah, he has the obligation to prop up his current teammates. So no big deal.

12. Shaud

Shaud Member

You made a big deal out of me lmao @ him including himself in the top 3 guys on offense being set up. I didn't make a big deal out of what he said.

Problem for New York on offense is how Carmelo and Amare played on offense last year not Tyson Chandler. There were no questions asking what is wrong with Tyson Chandler on offense this year. There were plenty of questions asking what was wrong with Carmelo and Amare.

13. lionaire

lionaire Member

Agree w/ Chandler. Felton + Kidd will make them significantly better on offense.

14. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

which is what i said, didn't I?...

The guy had the best true shooting % in NBA history last year. Obviously, that's not going to be achieved by a guy who shoots a lot. He didn't take bad shots, and he was set up by a point guard.

But 11 + point per game on the best TS% in the NBA history = a huge positive for any offense.

Considering he's also highly dependent on point guards..... i don't see why he wouldn't include himself among the Knicks best players or among guys who need somebody to get them the ball in right places....

Not sure what Chuck Hayes is doing in the argument, but oh well.

15. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

well, maybe i misunderstood your post then. "lmao @ including himself." seemed to imply he shouldn't be doing it, so I wondered why.

16. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Mmmmmm, they'd better hope they're better. Because with Courtney Lee and Jason Terry and Jeff Green and the two rookie bigs, Boston just got a whollotta better. And with Joe Johnson and everybody healthy, the Nets just got a wholatta better. And with Bynum Philly just got a wholotta better.

The Knicks are going to be fighting for their playoff lives in 2013. Hopefully we can help Denver battle with LAL and OKC by trading them a very, good young piece that makes them contenders for that 2014 Knicks pick (which may turn into a lottey selection).

17. Cadreaming

Cadreaming Member

Ah...so now Tyson Chandler put the blame for Melo, Amare and Tyson not being able to play together at Lin's door? It's because Lin couldn't feed the ball to them at their preferred spots that they couldn't play together? Not because their preferred spots overlap each other?

Yeah, Felton and Kid will solve that problem and make the Knicks offense run like smooth like silk. Sure.

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tyson is extremely mediocre, and will soon be exposed...

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

exactly. it says that lin played well with amare with pick and roll. but melo likes to control the ball. good luck to any point guard turning that into a upper east conference team.

i hope they suck hard this year :rolleyes:

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

[​IMG]