1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tyler Johnson Heat check

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by VanityHalfBlack, Mar 3, 2015.

1. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-BlT0GY40oQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. goyao11

goyao11 Member

Haha! Of course no rook wants to be compared to Lin... when people say they wanna be "Like Mike," they mean Michael Jordan, not Mike James, right?

But I don't think that detracts from the fact that Lin was a very solid player here. Lin made mistakes, but also put up big games. Johnson was impressive yesterday, but Lin also killed it during Linsanity. They're both very different players and I hope Johnson does well, but it'll take a little bit longer for me to be convinced he's better than Lin.

3. mig0s

mig0s Member

Zboy's obession with Lin is scary. He's mad that Lin is a top 5 guard in the NBA

4. mig0s

mig0s Member

Don't mind Zboy lol. He's a known r****d that spends his vacation time on the beach searching for Jeremy Lin in Lakers forums. He's a true Rockets fan

5. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

How did the LOH's turn yet another non-related thread into a Lin thread? Every time a thread turns into a Lin thread, it's always the LOH's who start the nonsense on this board.

6. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

No Deng and No Dragic tonight - not even Whiteside was available. Heat still end up beating the lowly Kings led by Wade and Tyler Johnson.

Johnson had 24 points, 6 rebounds, 6 assists, a steal, a block and 4 turnovers on great shooting percentages. Is this Whiteside part two?

7. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

steriods in miami are good

8. Rokman

Rokman Member

Dragic got a DNP tonight. He is officially offseason trade bait.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Johnson-mania!

10. Progs

Progs Member

What Jimmer Should have been.

11. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

LOL. At time, I couldn't tell if it was Johnson or Dragic.

12. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

not really since miami themselves cut tyler johnson twice this year after he went undrafted.

13. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

I saw that too. Does anyone know how much a 10 day contract is worth? It must be somewhere in the realm of $40k or so? I'm just guessing given that the 30th pick of the draft is guaranteed $1M for the season.

He's now signed to a two year deal with Miami so at least he'll have financial security while developing on his game. IMO, he has potential to be a solid role player for a few years in the league due to his dependable outside shot and his surprising leaping ability.