1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump Sends Unmarked Fed Goons to Kidnap Protesters

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by fallenphoenix, Jul 17, 2020.

1. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Believe me, I know that. I don't expect much of anything positive coming my way out of the Biden Administration. It's Obama 2.0. These designated terror groups weren't relative until Obama's reign. And if they were, he certainly didn't act on it.

I'm not sure there's any rights being violated. He was let go within 48 hours. He was read his Miranda rights. It isn't a crime to hurt his feelings... Not yet anway.

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

It would be Fast and Furious.

IBTL, Nook, mdrowe00 and 1 other person like this.
  3. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

He would never get arrested because he’s a law-abiding citizen. Damn, it is so hard talking to you loonies. I have never been arrested in my life other than a few minor traffic violations, and I am an old fart. There is a myth existed out there with you guys that the police will arrest you for doing nothing?

cml750 likes this.
  4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

like expired plates?

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

I've been run downtown for unpaid warrants before (more than once....such a dumbass). I was treated like the sh!tbird I deserved to be treated like. It served as a deterrent from ever wanting to back. As it should. Of course that deterrent is being removed with your approval.

6. generalthade_03

Speeding, trying to save lives.

cml750 and B@ffled like this.
  7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You don't have to imagine.

mdrowe00 and RayRay10 like this.
  8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Tough Guy.

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. generalthade_03

You have just proved an important point to the loonies on the left for being honest. People don’t get arrested for nothing.

10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

How about the fact he was detained 48 hours without a charge or even being accused of anything?

11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Or the fact that unmarked men in military operator gear nabbed people without even giving a reason?

How the **** do you defend this?

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I swear to God this administration is trying to push the limits to see how much the bootlickers will defend.

VooDooPope, IBTL, Nook and 1 other person like this.
  13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A lot of conclusions being drawn here. All of this still seems fishy to me on many levels. I understand not being happy with the state of these cities and I certainly wasn't happy about what happened in Minneapolis and do think Mayor Frey and Gov. Walz made some bad decisions on the way. I and others went out patrolled our neighborhoods because it looked like things weren't going well. Eventually though things calmed down and LE and protesters seemed to come to agreement. While we still have protests there have been very little property damage since then while like CHAZ the area around where George Floyd died is still essentially occupied by protesters. While Trump offered Federal police they weren't used and Walz turned them down. Things were handled by Minnesota from regional PD's to National Guard.

Now Portland isn't the same as Minneapolis but that's one reason why I'm not going to jump to conclusions here. Here are the questions I have.
    1. Are these people in camo and body armor taking people off the street really Federal LE?
    2. If they are what authority are the operating under to take people in custody? Has Gov. Brown or the Oregon legislator asked for their assistance?
    3. Who are they taking into custody? Are these people with known records or other evidence against them? In the video why did they single out that one person?
    4. What is the charge? From the story provided by Oregon Public Broadcasting it sounds like even though they were taken into custody and had their rights to read to them no charge was given and they were let go.

14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I admit things are not adding up but this would have to be a huge false flag and then you have this guy saying this.

RayRay10 and fchowd0311 like this.
  15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The pro secret police faction has spoken. I’d like to say I’m surprised but I’m not because we know the current state of conservatism has no ethics or integrity.

16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Unidentified masked men taking someone off the street is called kidnapping. This is no different than the secret police in Communist countries. They sweep people up, identify them, put them in their databases for future purposes, and then let them go. Now they can surveil that person digitally with ease. This falls right in line with reports of spy planes going over protests to get cell phone information.

This administration has pushed the boundaries for years and now they’re exhibiting textbook use of secret police.

17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

My only pause is that this would be a bigger story if this is what is actually happening.

It's highly illegal and some lawyer would be raising Holly hell.

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Because there was violence doesn't mean random folks can be rounded up. Our nation has a constitutional procedure for arresting criminals. If they are criminals they should get a warrant and arrest them.

Defending these authoritarian measures is not something that makes anyone safer or strengthens our nation in any way.

19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Except what authority is he acting under? Some of the more knowledgeable legal minds can correct me if I'm wrong here but my understanding of Posse Comitatus is that Federal forces cannot go into a state and operate as a police force without the agreement of the state government.

If this is true I'm going to point out this is precisely the type of behavior that the people in HK were protesting over. That the PRC under the argument that HK couldn't handle its protests would step in and restore law and order.

VooDooPope, Deckard, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  20. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

The troll is at it again. Next will you use god in vain to troll again?

RayRay10 likes this.