1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tracy McGrady: Rockets don't need a roster change, they need a coaching change.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rasheed, May 29, 2019.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Lol, adrian dantley amirite?

You lost your Harden posting privileges with that.

Rules are rules. Sorry.

BMoney, Richie_Rich and Blurr#7 like this.
  2. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Welp harden=0 rings
    Tmac = 0 rings
    Until Harden gives us 1... they are both just false prophets of the great Hakeem.

jcmoon, BaselineFade and tinman like this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Why do you refuse to keep everyone else to that same standard?

Rocket River

Richie_Rich likes this.
  4. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

It’s a shame McGrady couldn’t stay healthy because he would’ve had at least 2 rings here and everyone would be taking his words as gold.

jcmoon, snowconeman22 and smp like this.
  5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he was healthy when we lost in the playoffs
    @Zboy

snowconeman22 likes this.
  6. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Love or hate T_Mac... he's right...

It took a coach to hold Jordan accountable and you see how many rings he won..

T_Man

snowconeman22 and RyanB like this.
  7. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

No he was going through vaginoplasty surgery.

snowconeman22 and tinman like this.
  8. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

Exactly. I love logical fallacies, and I can't quite figure out what it's called where people look for some creative BS, like they're a psychologist or something, try to speculate what random minutia is the problem. When the simple answer is often way more likely and accurate. Maybe it's Occam's razor?

Random BS reasons I've heard on forums, talk shows, podcasts as to "the reason" why the Rockets lost to GSW: coaching, play style, Moreyball, Harden ISO ball. The reality is that our system and coaching is why we're getting this far in the first place. A 34 year old CP3 and James Harden vs 2 MVP's, 2 all-stars, and a former all-star isn't exactly a fair fight. While there is always room to improve the play style and coaching, the fac of the matter is what if we had the overall talent level that the Warriors had these "issues" wouldn't even be raised in the first place. The most important takeaway is that we need better players, plain and simple.

baller4life315, Reeko and RyanB like this.
  9. RyanB

RyanB Member

And coaching change

10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I hold him accountable for betting on the Lakers to beat us while we were in the middle of a 7-game playoff series and he was in street clothes. That b#tch.

#90 Aruba77, May 31, 2019
    Last edited: May 31, 2019
    Rocket River and tinman like this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If you cry for more talent, you still have to hold those superior talents accountable.

BamBam likes this.
  12. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

I didn’t say he was hurt every playoffs. But there is no doubt that his career and prime here was tarnished by his injuries. Had he and Yao had been able to stay healthy together consistently, they’ve would’ve gotten some rings. No doubt.

13. SemisolidSnake

MDA doesn't run that offense any more. That was specifically for the Suns. There was a pretty good video posted a few days ago. This is the thread. This is the video.

The title is annoyingly clickbaitey on its own, but it would definitely stop almost anyone here in their tracks from watching it. I had a morbid curiosity in the moment, so I did watch it, and it makes a surprisingly-detailed case about how MDA has adapted his offense on every nearly team to suit the players he has. In Phoenix, it made sense to go 7 seconds or less with Nash kicking the ball around quickly to various teammates and running PnRs. In NY, he used David Lee as a "trail big" to facilitate the offense. In Houston, he's adapted to Harden's incredible ISO power.

Now, I'm not saying I like with the way our offense is run. The Rockets' offense is "7 seconds or less on the shot clock." I hate it. But I don't think Harden's openly defying MDA's fast-paced system, because that system doesn't exist here in Houston and never has. Harden IS playing a game of chicken letting every single play run down to nothing, and I think that goes beyond the boundaries of what might be considered sensible ISO ball. Whether that's MDA approved or just not MDA stopped, I do think it's a problem that involves coaching or lack thereof.

14. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

This is absolutely hilarious considering you were totally fine with AB and his stellar 1:1 A/TO and playing ahead of Lowry with his much better turnover ratio. Takes like this is why no one takes you seriously.

15. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

he had ryan bowen and juwon howard at the four...we never should have even been in that dallas series if it weren't for his greatness.....for all the TMAC haters out there, when he was healthy he was a top 3 talent. he guarded Dirk. His body broke down and yes he was a prima donna. but for anyone to disrespect his game is crazy. Yao ming deserves more of the blame. he couldn't guard boozer or okur and the jazz played great. We had zero chance against any of those teams without him. The parts never quite fit around him, he never had a team as well constructed as the last two years with the rockets until he was broken down.

Lurch likes this.
  16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He didn’t advance in the playoffs in the beginning, prime or end of his career as a starter

17. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I’m starting to side with MDA being out. I feel like we’ve got one move. Man, it’s a hellacious punch. When it lands it cannot be beaten. In most cases it’s gonna be good enough to win games. But we’re a little bit beyond winning games aren’t we? We want to win BIG. And in the setting of focused practices, 7 game series...defenses have enough to counter that one almighty hammer. We need some other tools in the metaphor box.

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

We need an owner change more than anything.

19. biff17

biff17 Member

Harden is averaging 28 points per game in the playoffs since he has been in Houston and has 2 WCF appearances that's my silly point.

Who cares if T Mac had a Kobe type game he never led a team to the second round talk about a silly point.

20. mockster

mockster Member

If you don’t win a championship it doesn’t matter where you got

Just because he didn’t lead his team to the second round doesn’t mean he wasent an elite player.

As you can see by the rockets season, basketball is a team sport and you need other players to be truly successful.