1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tonights Astros matchup

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by JJ, Oct 3, 2001.

1. JJ

JJ Member

Granted they have been hitting worse than the Bad News Bears, lets look forward to the 'Stros possiblities, not their mistakes, as other posts have done.

Tonight Vs. Jason Schmidt

career

Biggio- hitting .379
    Bagwell- hitting .286 w/ 3 doubles
    Berkman- hitting .333
    Alou- hitting .278 5 for 18 lifetime

And Last

Hidalgo .571 with 3 homers. Scary stat.

The 'stros will win tonight, and get back in the hunt for the Central title!

2. TedRuxpin

TedRuxpin Member

With Redding, it's unpredictable. Either he will throw into 7 innings of 3 hitter and no runs or he will give up two homers to Bonds

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Well, at least if the latter happens, we'll hear a lot of cheering from Enron that will sound really pretty on ESPN!!

4. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

I'll be at Enron tonight... look for me in the standing room only section near the Crawford boxes! I got $5 seats... and if it's close to a sellout, there will be no "better" seats to move to.

Go 'stros

rH

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

JJ -- man, I hope you're right!!! Keep in mind..those are numbers the Astros posted on Schmidt in games that weren't BIG GAMES with pressure on...the 'stros don't exactly match their season averages when playing in those type situations.

6. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Every game, when you get up to bat in front of 30,000+ live fans, and a ton more on TV is a BIG GAME, with the pressure on. If they couldn't handle the pressure, they would not have made the majors.

7. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

GREAT start... 2 runs in the bottom of the first.

GO STROS!

8. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

cat, we all are in chat

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I am so not disappointed that Hidalgo made that unbelievable throw!!

10. JJ

JJ Member

So much for my prediction! I swear I don't know about this season. I have hope for getting into the playoffs, but after that I think it will be 1-2-barbeque for the Astros.

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

You're not a real fan JJ. Don't you know you have to stupidly believe, no matter what, that the Astros will win the World Series????? How dare you doubt the fact that they won't win it all!?!?!?!?!?!

12. JJ

JJ Member

OK, OK rocketman.

I just hate being wrong, and yesterday I was wrong.

The Giants will throw Ortiz today, and he has good stuff. I think that Mliki will do better than he did Saturday.

The only thing that kept Mliki from a good game last Sat. was the back-to back- to back HRs. That will not happen again.

So lets pray that the Astros take the game tonight, and then take 2 in STL.

Please don't say that I am not a real fan. I liked the Stros even before I started following the Rockets. I watch every baseball game I can on FXSW, and my girlfriend gets absolutely pissed. **** her though! :D

13. Major

Major Member

<B>You're not a real fan JJ. Don't you know you have to stupidly believe, no matter what, that the Astros will win the World Series????? How dare you doubt the fact that they won't win it all!?!?!?!?!?!</B>

Good definition. Since no one else has said this except for you, I assume this is actually what you believe?

:rolleyes:

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

JJ, I was being sarcatic. I figured shanna could've figured that out as well...guess I overestimated him. :rolleyes:

I was simply commenting on the hell that JBIIRockets got yesterday for being negaitve, and myself not being called a real fan because I'm already too disappointed in this team to be any more disappointed when they lose in the playoffs.

15. Major

Major Member

<B>JJ, I was being sarcatic. I figured shanna could've figured that out as well...guess I overestimated him. </B>

Sarcasm is based on ridiculing a statement made by someone else. No one made the claim you're sarcastically attacking.

<B>I was simply commenting on the hell that JBIIRockets got yesterday for being negaitve</B>

Yet no one called him a non-fan for that, except for you (sarcastically).

<B>myself not being called a real fan because I'm already too disappointed in this team to be any more disappointed when they lose in the playoffs.</B>

Disappointment doesn't end and begin randomly. You don't "add" and "subtract" disappointment in some type of individual units. There's no "maxing out" on disappointment. Why did you care if the Astros won or lost yesterday if you're not going to be disappointed if they don't make the playoffs?

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

You're definintion is incomplete. Sure, that is one form of sarcasm, but not the only. Making fun of idiotic fans who like to call others not true fans by making an ironic or satirical statement is also sarcastic.

Grab a dictionary.

I also thank you for pointing out that my disappointment as to follow your standards. People's disappointments are not all uniform. My disappointment can come and go as it pleases, and honestly, I have no control over it. I'm deeply disappointed in this choke job my former favorite team (since you so wisely pointed out that my 21 years of going to games, hanging penants, wearing shirts, listening to games (which you don't do, something a real fan would do, you non-fan), and watching games were all for naught since I refuse to be disappointed in what I feel to be the inevitable bad ending. I cared yesterday because I want them to make the playoffs, I'd be estatic if they made it and did well...I just won't be disappointed anymore if they don't.

17. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Anyone else get the feeling Rocketman95 and shanna sit across a desk from each other, yet never communicate vocally?

18. Houstone

Houstone Member

Astros suckkkkkk badddddddd........

19. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Silently eyeing one another...

:eek:

20. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Back to the game THAT I CAN'T GET BECAUSE IT'S BLACKED OUT...the Astros have pitched around Barry Bonds for 3 games and have gotten whipped for 3 games. Try pitching to him next season!