1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tomorrow we say goodbye to a legend

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RocketsLegend, Apr 12, 2016.

1. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

http://deadspin.com/tomorrow-we-say-goodbye-to-an-nba-legend-1770631768

He’s been in the NBA since the 90's, has made multiple All-Star games, had his best years in Los Angeles in the mid-2000's, and after tomorrow, he’s most likely hanging up his shoes for good.

That’s right, Elton Brand—who came out of semi-retirement to join the Sixers this year—has hinted that he may retire for real after tomorrow’s season finale against the Bulls. Here’s what he told CSNPhilly.com:

“I said that last time, but I think this is going to be it,” Brand said. “We’ll see what the opportunities are, but the travel’s tough having young kids. I didn’t expect play 25 minutes in back-to-back games, and stuff like that.”
    Brand shared the 2000 Rookie of the Year award with Steve Francis. In 2006, he made the All-NBA second team and led the Clippers to their first playoff series win in 30 years. He’s only played 225 minutes for the Sixers this season, as he was mostly brought in to help Jahlil Okafor adjust to NBA life, but he’s averaging a double-double per 36 minutes this year. No word yet how the Bulls, his first team, will honor him tomorrow in Chicago.

2. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Talk about working till the wheels come off.........

surprised he's getting paid 4 mill this year. NBA... where everyone gets paid.

3. Bleek

Bleek Rookie

Hate to be first post, but Kobe was great...

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Very Close but Elton Brand never turned the corner

5. mig0s

mig0s Member

Couldnt he just be an assistant coach if the sixers wanted him to help Okafor? He signed in January with the worst team in the NBA. What a waste of good veteran. Couldve signed with a playoff contender

6. BackdoorHarden

Jason Terry is retiring after tomorrow's game?

7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Terry will probably play his last season with the Mavs next season

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Goodbye Joey Crawford

9. nemac

nemac Member

Wrong thread.

10. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

**** I'm getting old

I once wore a number 8 Kobe jersey to my old summer camp job during sports week last summer and these little ****ers tried arguing with me that Kobe never wore 8. I got in trouble cause I took them to the auditorium and put on vintage Kobe highlights for an hour to bless these kids eyes

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

This has nothing to do with Elton Brand

12. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Elton Brand is gonna be back for another 5 years. He's still got it!!

13. txtodd

txtodd Member

Elton Brand always wears number 42. Reverse the digits and you have 24. Multiply them and you have 8.