1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time for Ronnie Brewer?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CXbby, Nov 1, 2013.

1. CXbby

CXbby Member

With Beverley out for 2 weeks, Brooks is likely to step into the rotation. But I highly doubt that he will get the same ~30 minutes per game that is left open. I am thinking he gets around 10-15 minutes at best. We ran a 3 guard rotation because both Lin and Beverley were too good to be relegated to backup minutes. That isn't the case with Brooks, so look for a more traditional rotation with Brewer inserted as the backup SG.

Silver lining to Beverley's injury: I'd like for Brewer to get integrated into the rotation, which IMO would have happened sooner or later. But sooner is better, he can be a valuable piece and different look.

2. Whoopy

Whoopy Member

Reason why we didn't cut Brewer or Brooks. Imagine, if we had to use Canaan!

3. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Agreed. I was hoping to see a preseason lineup with Brewer at the 3 and Parsons at the 4. We must have a lockdown wing defender in the rotation.

4. dje243

dje243 Member

Yes excited to see both brooks and brewer tonight.

5. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

Agreed, AB will get limited minutes, but JL will soak them. I hope Brewer does get in.

6. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I posted on the game thread that Brewer should get some burn, not knowing PB would be out. Now, I definitely see Brewer being part of the rotation. He is a veteran and still a good player. It will be allright until PB returns.

7. cbk41

cbk41 Member

HA HA! Time for Brewer! [​IMG]

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Love this idea. And Brewer has good handles and vision for a shooting guard. Not much drop off in perimeter D with Bev injured, if any. And fewer fouls methinks. Only negative is losing Bevs passion and intimidation factor.

9. CXbby

CXbby Member

I've actually been saying all along that Brewer is a better player than Garcia, which I'm sure is even less popular of an opinion after game 1. Garcia is a better fit with this team's personnel, he also has tenure on his side and knows McHale's system better - the reasons why he is ahead in the rotation.

Eventually though, I think the two may end up splitting minutes situationally - offense/defense. Brewer is a good player, he deserves playing time.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sure why not. We don't have to compare Garcia and Brewer.

Totally different guys but here is to think that Garcia's D is much better than Brewer's shooting and total O.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If a wish is granted, then wish for complete health and Kevin Love

12. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

A very reasonable take. We will see if the coaching staff agrees with you.

13. CXbby

CXbby Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>McHale says he expects to play Ronnie Brewer some tonight.</p>&mdash; ClutchFans (@clutchfans) <a href="https://twitter.com/clutchfans/statuses/396400581809422338">November 1, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Yeah, I also expected Brewer to make his way into the rotation at some point. He's a vet and has been a productive player until recently. His shooting has taken an extreme down-turn in recent years, for whatever reason, but he still does a lot of other good things. So, he's a serviceable bench player.

15. CXbby

CXbby Member

Meniscus injury last year, same as Lin.

16. ryandoc

ryandoc Member

Was really excited when I heard about the signing, looking forward to seeing him play...

17. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

He will be important in trying to slow down the wannabe rocket killer Monte Ellis!

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I wonder what position Brewer will play-- or more specifically which position he will defend since defense is why you play Ronnie Brewer.

I can see him cover everyone from Calderon to Dirk.

20. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

The most fun on this website would be if they stuck him in as the starting PG so we would continue to have heavy defense to start the game.

Well, perhaps fun isn't the right word.