1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tim Ohlbrecht returns

Discussion in 'Rio Grande Valley Vipers' started by Raz, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Raz

Raz Member

According to german media, Tim Ohlbrecht signed again with the Vipers. He's already listed in the team's roster.

After being cut by the Rockets and later by the Sixers, Ohlbrecht kept himself in shape in San Antonio. Good acquisition for the Vipers, but I don't think he will make it in the NBA.

2. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Great news! I was hoping this would happen since the day he was cut from the Sixers. (I still don't know why he was cut. His contract was non-guaranteed.). I was actually figuring that he might take a lucrative deal overseas.

Although I'm sad for Ohlbrecht that he couldn't get a spot on an NBA roster, I'm glad to have him back on the Vipers, where he plays like (and is) a D-League All-Star. Not long before Jordan Henriquez is sitting and watching Ohlbrecht work over opponents in the paint.

3. basketballholic

Interesting. I could see him getting up to the Rox if we make some trades to clear roster spots.

4. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

HUGE PICKUP, I haven't been that impressed with our bigs compared to the recent years with Our interior D a massive no show.

Bring on Tim to be an allstar again and take this team to the playoffs.

5. SRR21

SRR21 Member

6. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Hard to believe this guy can't make it on an NBA roster. I saw him play a lot of D-League games last year, and I thought he looked good. I know D-League is not the NBA, but he has some skills.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Tons of borderline NBA players vying for limited spots.
    There has to be luck involved and of course injuries to key members in order to steal major playing time.

8. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Has RGV clinched the top playoff seed, yet? Only problem they have is that they could lose a few players to NBA this season.

9. Voice of Aus

Yeah it's gonna suck when a couple of players get picked up they as they are playing, I'm predicting my man Troy Daniels to be on the sixers roster with a 10 day contract later this season.

Thank god we kept Covington, his defence has been amazing so far coming over from the weak side or just straight up

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So, this means a Jeremy Lin trade is imminent.

11. clos4life

clos4life Member

LOL, jeremylin.net faints!

12. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

I was not impressed with his game last season, he seemed too slow for the NBA game. Did well in D-League though.

13. Voice of Aus

He destroyed the d leage last year, our vipers front court is the one major weakness

14. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Beautiful! He played a few games for the Rox last year too. I'm sure he's being prepped for whenever someone around the league bites on an Asik deal. He'll fill in just fine. Nice offensive finisher around the basket and decent rebounder. Great Viper addition!