1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

This may sound surprising, But I feel the Astros have the advantage for this game

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by JBIIRockets, Oct 12, 2001.

1. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Shane Reynolds vs John Burkett.

I'll take Shane anyday. Burkett is not an overpowering pitcher and I expect the Astros hitters to get some good pitches to hit. If Millwood was pitching instead of Burkett, I would feel less confident. Reynolds has nastier pitches.

Can you believe it? I'm being optimistic. I never do that. It is like I am taking a superstitious approach. I've been negative all series long and the Astros have not proven me wrong, so I am deciding to feel the opposite way.

What must happen tomorrow is that our tablesetters need to do some table setting. Hopefully Viscaino can slap some basehits thru the infield like he is capable of doing. You know just fling the bat out, and not try to pull anything.

I don't think the Braves home record and the Astros road record this season means anything. But, in the playoffs, the Astros have beaten Atlanta once at Turner Field, which is one more win than they have in Houston vs, the Braves. And it was Shane Reynolds who started that game. He pitched masterfully. I think that win means more. Hey, The Astros can actually draw on some positive experiences.

You know, for a time in my life, I thought I was a White Sox fan, not an Astros fan. But when the White Sox were swept last season after posting the AL's best record, I wasn't even sad or down about it.

I was crushed when the Astros lost in 1998.

I'll watch the game tomorrow and prepare to absorb and then get over more possible tough moments, although I feel the Astros are going to win.

I like the White Sox, but I know where my heart is, it bleeds brick red.

2. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

My psychic ability tells me the Astros will salvage this one 6 to 3 with a player hitting a 2 run shot.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

I'm already scouting out the Diamond Backs. This series is ours 3 games to two.