1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thinking of buying an Ipod.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Remix, Feb 24, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Remix

Remix Member

Well ive been wanting an Ipod for a long time and finaly have enough money to buy one. Been thinking of getting the 3rd genration 15 gig one. But im having doubts about getting one.

Anybody know the the Ipods dirty little secret thing. Does the battery still die after a certain amount of time? I dont wanna buy one then have to buy another battery for around 200$.

If anyone could help it would apreciated.

2. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

The battery will wear out at some point, sure. I don't know what the average lifespan is on the iPod battery specifically (though it is probably many years), but every Lithium Ion battery eventually wears out.

But even when it wears out, it won't cost $200 to replace it. The most expensive option, the official Apple replacement program, only runs $99. Other options are available for less.

3. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

This sums up on what I think about IPODs

[​IMG]

But in all honesty, I'd buy one that was like 10 gigs or less. 30gigs is just too much for me to organize.

4. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

there are plenty on ebay

5. PhiSlammaJamma

I have 30 and have no problems. Best mp3 player I've ever bought. It has never failed me. I use the RIO mp3 player for running just because I want to be on the safe side. I use IPOD for walking and for gym. Worth the money.

6. edc

edc Contributing Member

Own 1G ipod (purchased 2001), use it regularly, and it still holds 90% of its charge.

7. tozai

tozai Member

Why do you really want one? I just don't think it's worth the money unless you've got alot to waste. Do you really need 10 gigs of music with you? 256 MB seems like plenty for me.

8. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Man, I feel ghetto with my 128 mb Nomad IIc, but it works great! And you can drop it all you want and it wont stop lovin. Got it a while back but it holds around 40 songs and I'm down with that.

I cant wait until they make players that play bootlegged movies and Simpsons eps as well.

Then again with all the press piratings getting, how much longer can it last?

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Well, they already have multimedia players.

10. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Meh, I like my arm and my leg where they are. They could do alot more with cell phone technology and add-ons right now too but it's not affordable. Why are people getting all excited about taking crappy quality pictures on their cell phones anyway?

Ok, scratch that. Rather, for people who haven't heard of the rockhead award. I'd just buy a camera if I wanted to take pics.

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Well, you could just buy everything you mentioned in this thread in one piece.

[​IMG]

http://www.archos.com/products/av300_series.html

12. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

No kidding.
    I bought the 1st generation of this type of player from the same company and it rocks. I watch episodes of Seinfeld & Simpsons during lunch time at work or when I am waiting for something to get done such as oil change / inspections / etc...

13. AGBee

AGBee Member

The thing I love about the iPod is that I can hook it up to my car and have access to every song that I could ever care to hear - and it fits in my pocket. To hell with swapping songs in and out of a 128MB or 256MB compact flash.

That said, if you're using it for a heavy workout, stick with a nonmechanical device.

14. Remix

Remix Member

Yea, so....during the Half-time show i was flipping around and caught the Wb39's technology thing and it showed some new mp3 players coming out.

Well it showed this new Mp3 minidisc player from Sony reportdely comin sometime in April. The new minidisc can hold about 1 gig of music, and has some thing http://connect.com/ sort of like Itunes. If anyone has more info about this it would be great.

15. Woofer

Woofer Contributing Member

Can you upgrade the video player on the Archon with new codecs? I have every season of the Simpsons Tivo'ed. I would love to have that around with me instead of married to my PC.