1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Things To Improve

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cdxiong, May 5, 2009.

1. cdxiong

cdxiong Contributing Member

I am so excited that we won game 1. We are doing a lot of good things. But here is a few things that I think we need to improve.

1. Rebounding - We are giving up 2 manay offensive rebounds.

2. Turnovers - This has been an issue every time we face LA.
    They have very quick hands and always look for steals.
    They are anticipating our passing very well as well.

Here is our turnover numbers against LA for last 5 times we meet.

11/09/2008 AWAY 19
    01/13/2009 HOME 11
    03/12/2009 HOME 23
    04/03/2009 AWAY 18

Playoff Game 1: 16

2. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

I agree, we need better rebounding (like always) and less turnovers.

3. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Von Wafer also needs to wake up.

4. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

yes, turnovers is a big problem, no more lazy passes that float in the air for 5 seconds!!!

5. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

How to deal with full court pressure defense when the game is winding down. Thanks to a relatively sizable cushion late in last night's game, the collapse didn't quite happen.

6. ringin08

ringin08 Member

I agree about rebounding and I think our biggest problem there is keeping Gasol off the boards with those soft follow ups, so far at least.

I expect them to trap our guards more because they came really close to being successful with that at the end, and they need to try to slow them down. So turnovers will be a key for our guards to avoid in game 2 and on.

7. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Agreed on both accounts. Lots of lazy passes that were easy steals for the Lakers. We gave up a run and the lead due to a few in a row. Inexcusable.

8. clutch11

clutch11 Member

Free Throws % ( 7 games)

Yao Ming .943
    Ron Artest .800
    Aaron Brooks .625
    Luis Scola .708
    Von Wafer.917
    Shane Battier.933
    Carl Landry.600
    Kyle Lowry.682

9. Shaunjon

Shaunjon Member

Landry too, wheres the monstrous dunks? he's been missing easy midrange jumpshots he usually takes also

10. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Turn overs and letting huge leads slip away in the second half.

We could have won that game by double digits if the defense hadn't let up enough for the Lakers to almost make a comeback.

11. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

I don't mind Landry, but Brooks shooting 62.5% is atrocious. Wasn't he shooting in the high 80s in the regular season?

12. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

The defense in the end was horrible. Don't just assume the game is over and allow a bunch of dunks and layups when you know Kobe can score in bunches.

Someone said it earlier, Landry needs to wake up offensively and DEFENSIVELY. Odom was running circles around him. Wafer needs to keep up with his man around those screens, and Brooks need to continue to be aggressive and not wait until the coach screams at him.

13. LAYGO

LAYGO Contributing Member

Keeping Battman on Kobe. As "great" as Ron Ron is, I haven't seen him keep Kobe in front of him. (watch for it)

14. Bleeding Red

Bleeding Red Member

Just stay tough mentally, be physical and more bench contribution needed. They going come out firing so we'll have to find way to stay in the game by not making dumb mistakes. Bench will have to step up to give starters needed rest down the stretch.