1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Tennis Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by malakas, Sep 13, 2015.

1. malakas

malakas Member

Up next the US open mens 2015 final Federer vs Djokovic.

2. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

Come on, Roger. Don't lose 3 majors in a row to Nole!

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Federer is my all-time favorite player but he can no longer close the sale on majors. The last few years have been hard.

I have nothing against Djokovic and feel a little sorry for him the crowd is roaring so hard for Federer. It's out of control.

4. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Federer is really beating himself out there. Should have put a number of games away.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

And he still pulled out the 2nd set. There is hope.

What a 2nd set!

6. I am a Donut

That set was insane.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Is this the US Open or an SEC football game?

8. malakas

malakas Member

and just like that got himself into an early hole he's trying to get out of. Why Fed?!?! Auf geht's!

9. malakas

malakas Member

wow. I tuned in and Fed broke back and aced a game in less than one minute lol

10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

This looks like Joker in 4 like I told all my buddies.

11. malakas

malakas Member

Federer again can't close the deal. How many break points has he missed to capitalise..13? :rolleyes: All the momentum now is for Djoker.

12. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I think fed can't the joker.

13. malakas

malakas Member

well that's it. After that break it's all over. Serving for the championship.

14. malakas

malakas Member

6-4 5-7 6-4 6-4. Too many unforced errors by both sides and 4/22 on break points opportunities for Fed. Gratz Djoker.

15. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

Djokovic is a monster

american fans were classless, cheering djokovic's service faults

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The best man won. The crowd makes the whole thing a bit awkward.

17. I am a Donut

Lots of break chances blown by Fed, but Djokovic is just a better player at this point in time. Not by much, though. Some great stretches of play, but the match was more of a grind than two players playing their best.

18. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was pulling for Novak, but I wouldn't have been upset if Roger won. It would be cool to see him win another major at his age. He's still getting better, and still trying new things to get better. It's admirable.

The crowd was incredibly annoying, and its embarrassing that the major in the U.S. has that kind of crap happening. They need to start kicking people out when they are making that noise during the player's serves.

Neither of those guys deserve that.

Novak is one of the funniest tennis players, a great sport, and full of class. Definitely, it was a fun match watch.

19. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

Djokovic is a great talent, and too me he is very funny... during the match when federer shanked that easy forehand in the 2nd set on set point while the crowd was going crazy, Djokovic looked up at the american crowd with his index over his mouth.. then said awww TOO BAD HE MISSED IT... ESPN refused to show the replay, but i saw it on tennis channel. that pissed off the american corwd even more

20. malakas

malakas Member

and so what?
    This is nothing. The US open crowd has been MUCH worse than these mild reactions. Remember the Blake matches were a part of the crowd was getting always drunk and throwing bottles? And this is nothing compared to the AUS open crowds were there have been actual riots between fans. And the RG have been notorious of how they cheer against anyone playing vs a french. The only slam the crowd is like a tennis crowd (dead) is Wimby and that's because no normal person can go to the main arena matches, unless you win a lottery two years in advance or have connections.
    So what's the big deal? Most tennis fans LOVE federer and they cheer for him. They followed most of the etiquette and kept quiet when serving.
    I think it's time that tennis reduces some of the eliticism. In fact all the tennis players love to play the Davis cup , where the crowds are actually cheering like the rest of the sports.

Djokovic is a great champion and has faced much more hostile crowds. He surely can handle the USopen crowd. And all pros should. Otherwise maybe they are too mentally weak to even play any sport competitively.
    And we are talking about freaking tennis crowds. Not football or bball crowds where people get on your face. Comeon.