1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets Epic Defense! For Real or Fools Gold?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, Oct 26, 2013.

1. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

What's your point? That Dirk dominated Houston with his moving screens? :rolleyes:

2. imaginedragons

Sounds good. Could even be the start of a whole new revolution if the Rox do win the title. Imagine having 3 or 4 different "lines" much like in hockey, specialized to fit the opponent. If anyone can get it done, Morey can.

3. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Rox have a top 10 defense when Asik plays, and we now have Dwigh to (posible) reduce his minutes.
    Having flat footed Dwight defending the same players that Smith, Dmo, TJones, heck even Delfino and Robinson trys to guard will see them raining Js and 3s all night long.
    Parsons will need to spend so much energy to create more space by shooting even more 3s for Harden and Asik that his defense will suffer even more.
    Harden will now have to face waves of bodies when he try to go to the rim as Asik and Howard will crowd the lane. Causing he to be even more tired.
    Bev will get more minutes and his pitbull defense will suffer when he gets tired.
    Lin will sulk at his 6th man role, and opposition elite back up point guards will turn on beast mode.
    Casspi is going to be the new white mamba, heck he might even turn to be ryan anderson.
    And to makes things worst, when other teams adjust or a mismatch happen, the coaches will be so dumbfounded that they will either play 5 centers or 5 pg.

So yeah, we are looking at fools gold here.

4. cptnbreakdance

A guy doesn't win 3 DPOY awards by not being able to close out on a guy too scared to drive to the hoop on him.

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I think the defense of our first unit will be pretty good, but it'll weaken with the reserves. And, I don't think we'll be elite defensively because the coaching philosophy doesn't emphasize it like a Van Gundy team or a Thibadeau team. Even so, I think we'll be an above-average defense.

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

I find it astounding that this team, which shocked the league last year with its high-powered offense, could have 3 of its starters receiving heavy consideration for Defensive Player of the Year.

That's mind-boggling. If we can keep the offense humming at anything close to the same pace this year, we should win 60 games. :eek:

7. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Have to see at least 20+ regular season games to determine that OP. We can't go off of a few pre-season games.

8. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

My concerns with Twin Towers:

* Asik defender plays zone and Asik doesn't catch the pass or finish
    * Dwight is on the perimeter chasing 3 pt PF shooters. Like him trying to check Dirk. However, I do like the fact that he will be able to slow down the Rocket Killer LaMarcus Aldridge

9. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Seems like just yesterday we had Kevin Martin on this team. Epic fools gold defense.