1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Official Wait Till Next Year Thread..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketsmetalspd, Apr 6, 2011.

Tags:
  1. rocketsmetalspd

Ok, I have followed my favorite NBA team since 1979 when I was 14 years old. I will always be faithful to the Rockets and no matter what will not give up on the team. I can't wait to see what changes if any that will come about and look forward to another season. Keep the Faith fellow fanatics it will get better this team deserves it and H-Town will get another Championship. It took 15 years for me to see the first Chip and I will be here or there to see the next one. GO ROCKETS!!!

1 person likes this.
  2. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Considering there could be a lock out and the fact that there are scarce prospects in this draft and we got the 14th pick it will take some considerable dismantling of this team to go out and find a quality 7 footer, it may be forever until we a next title. You're 45/46 I take it..

3. acshen

acshen Contributing Member

I have faith that rebuilding will take 2-3 more years at the most

4. Glenyo

Glenyo Member

if its a lockout theres no season this year and next year right ?

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I think It might be time to sticky a thread like this. /sadface

6. Beavis

Beavis Member

how can there be changes when no teams will give up a superstar for our assets?

face it, those in the minority saying tank were right.. you are not getting a superstar using moreys moneyball ,thats why he is leaving...and you are not getting one finishing 9th every year, and you are not getting one when you spend your cap on role players....

if you want a superstar, then you better be really bad to get #1 pick in draft, or gut the team completely and sign one outright.

7. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I thought you were going to say, "Okay I've been a great fan for over three decades but this year had to be one of the most frustrating seasons I have ever witnessed. We started bad and we finished bad. In the end we were who we thought we were without Yao. A slightly better than .500 team. So after all my loyalty to this team I quit."

If you would have said that I would have understood because I feel that way a bit. It was hard following this team this year. We got a great bunch of guys and they play hard but they just missed time and time again when the should've played their hardest. Next year I would change the team slogan to "low expectations". The year we don't count on nothing so when we get nothing we won't be disappointed.

Boy how I was disappointed this year. Still there are some positives to walk away with. Lowry's play, Martin's health, Lee's improvement, the emergence of Patterson, Hill getting back to an improved player after struggling. Still if we go into next year with Scola and Bud starting we would have accomplished nothing IMO. I just hope we get turn of luck again. This year can best be summarized as "If we didn't have bad luck we would have no luck at all.

#7 Old Man Rock, Apr 7, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
  8. gah

gah Member

The first thing I looked at was this:
    That's how old I thought this thread was. sigh..

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It is time to rest some of the regulars and give the young guys some serious run.

Call up Thabeet, and start him at Center these last 3 games, let Chuck rest, sit Luis and let PPat and JHill start.

Sit Kmart and let CLee start and Twill get some action.

Maybe even rest Kyle and his sore knee....

Let's get a look at the young guys.....

DD

10. pge71188

pge71188 Member

+1 on this. Twill and Thabeet need to play. Sit down Kyle and Chuck the rest of the way.

11. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

where have you been? haven't seen you here since ... how is your life going? hope everything other than watching rox play is great to you.

12. amaru

amaru Member

Agreed DD

But I would be shocked if that happened.

13. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Why don't we just paint 'Wait Till Next Year' on the side of the Toyota Center.

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

We old fans don't quit. We just get disappointed.

15. delta69er

delta69er Member

Hate to be the pessimistic one but "wait till next year" has been the slogan of Houston sports for as long as I can remember.

Every year, it feels like the Rockets settle for mediocrity (except '09 when we took the Lakers to 7)

Every year, the Texas underachieve.

Every year, the Astros...well we all know how the Astros are.

16. solid

solid Contributing Member

Houston sports, wow, overall, it's awful, painful, perpetually disappointing, and really pathetic. The Astros are so bad, they are unwatchable. The Texans are like a sharp stick in the eye. The Rockets have their moments and at least hover around mediocre. The rest are just terrible. Houston has some of the best fans in the country and deserve better. Think about it, the Texans sell out every game! That wouldn't happen in New York or Philly.

17. delta69er

delta69er Member

Exactly! Look at those Laker fans; they're perhaps the most fickle fans in sports yet they still get a great team almost every season. Why do the sporting Gods hate us so?

18. jim1961

jim1961 Member

The biggest obstacle is that what Houston needs and wants is what almost every team in the league needs and wants; A BIG MAN.

What team besides the Lakers isnt looking for another big?

Unless we decide to keep Thabeet and he turns into something, we better find a way to win through adding at other positions. Their are just too few of them around and too many wanting them.

Perhaps Morey can put together the right compliment at the 1-4 to make a difference.

19. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

What about Adelman's loyalty!?:confused:...........:grin:.....Adelman also needs one more win to pass some other head coach, i dont remember his name but we could also cheer for that.

20. mattrbowers

mattrbowers Member

" a presence I haven't felt since ... "