1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Eurostep (Step By Step)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htownballer38, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

“I can’t remember when my first one was,” he admits. “I worked on it after college. I was just taking it for a joke in the beginning, just messing around with it in pick-up games or games with friends. Once I realized the move actually worked and I could be creative with it, then I just took it from there and tried to master it.

“To be honest, I didn’t even notice it until two years ago when I started getting to the free throw line a lot more and just started getting to the basket a lot easier – it just kind of opened my entire game up.”

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/step-step

2. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

3. Bill Worrell

Bill Worrell Member

4. bmd

bmd Member

Man, I started doing this as a freshman in high school back in 2002.

I never saw anybody do it. I thought I "invented" it.

I remember the first time I did it in a game, the defender tried to take a charge and I just stepped right around him and layed it up.

It's not hard... just step to the left (or right depending on which hand you are going to lay it up with) instead of straight forward when you pick up the ball to begin your layup.

5. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

I saw paulftskjfsdf do this back in 2006. There is a video around here of him euro-stepping in a solo practice around here somewhere

6. RedNickNY

RedNickNY Member

reminds me of this
    [​IMG]

7. Zalgiris

Zalgiris Member

Basketball element you call "Euro step" is not new in the world of basketball, it's a pretty standard move outside the NBA and it has been that way for many many years.

What I was hoping when I saw the title - a slow motion video of Harden doing it.

8. conquistador#11

The dream wide broken,
    seemed like all was lost
    what would be the future,
    could you pay the cost?

Illuminati! prophetic indeed.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/f9nFkEdROqQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>