1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Answer: FIRE MOREY

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by davestrate, Nov 20, 2010.

1. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Ditto

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We don't need to fire Morey, he has more makes than misses.

Teams that make trades for the sake of trades when players are injured are prepetual losers.

Unfortunatley there is NO TRADE OUT THERE that will fix this...

The Rockets have to get healthy PERIOD !

DD

3. vick

vick Member

Morey has the table set, just needs someone to take charge. Rick cant coach these type of players, they are to soft. Either get him a couple of hard nosed players that can also score points, or get a defensive mined coach like JVG :)

4. mFt82

mFt82 Member

I wasthinking about this yesterday. Morey has accumulated assets, some with high efficiency percentages, from teams that were perpetual losers. These players don't know how to win. They're not elite regardless f their efficiency.

1 person likes this.
  5. da_juice

da_juice Member

How has this not been posted?
    [​IMG]

6. saintja2

saintja2 Contributing Member

This.

Morey just can't make up opportunities to improve out of thin air. He has to work with what's available and within the rules and framework Les Alexander sets for him.

For the folks glamoring for Presti, it's much easier to look good when a true franchise player falls into your lap, and you still have plenty of lottery picks to build with. If he would have been stuck with Oden instead, I'm sure the mob would have been calling for his head already. OTOH, Morey inherited 2 flawed (super)stars, the other one having so much influence on business that you probably wouldn't be allowed to trade him, even if it would improve the team basketball-wise.

And I'm pretty sure that with Les Alexander as the owner, complete rebuilding as in shipping out everybody for picks and cap space hasn't been even an option allowed for Morey when there's still hope of contending. While fans might only care about championships and some are even willing to lose on purpose in the hopes of getting our next star, I'm sure most of the owners have a different view on this. So, in that light, it would be quite stupid to replace Morey with a less competent guy who has to follow the same rules as him.

Now, with the hope of contending with this core appearing pretty dim, I'm sure Morey (or his possible replacement) has more leeway with the ways he's allowed to impove the team. Taking bigger risks or even completely blowing up the team are now likely to be more preferable than before. As Raven said, if the focus is on rebuilding rather than retooling, shortsighted trades that produce little improvement make no sense.

As for the players playing bad because they are "treated poorly", if that's the case, let them. They are only shooting themselves in the foot in the process (Then again, plenty of NBA players seem to be stupid enough to waste their millions anyways). If I had the choice, I wouldn't want to pay big bucks to a guy who doesn't play hard when he feels underappreciated. How hard are those guys going to play when they have millions of guaranteed money?

#86 saintja2, Nov 20, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
  7. eman

eman Contributing Member

Agree. It's frustrating because he shows flashes, then disappears. We need him to show up in the worst way, too. The same could be said for just about every guy on the roster.

8. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

YES please. (im not being sarcastic). Enough is enough.

9. joegoroxy

joegoroxy Member

the rockets are playing without their star PG.

when Aaron comes back so will the wins.

oh also we need to get rid of Yao or bring him off the bench, if he can't play starter minutes, he doesnt need to start.

10. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

Maybe we should wait till Morey gets 5 years in before judging Morey and sending him to the gallows.
    Takes a while to turn things around. I know that Celtics did faster but that is an exception not the normal.

11. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

We really dont. Morey/Aldeman will choose a 22yr old SR with a top 5 pick

12. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

I agree 100%. Morey is good at aquiring tradeable assets (assets in which he has not dealt), and imo this team looks good on paper or comparing statistics, but on the court is a whole different issue. They lack to many qualities and or intangibles to be really good or great. A big question mark hangs over this team when they play. 1) Lack of leadership, 2) 2-way players, 3) a closer 4) enforcer 5) Size/quickness/length/athleticism. He wanted Bosh and he is not even a good team leader imo always struggled in Toronto. And to just think he was going to put all his eggs in that basket.

13. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

Wow, this is as over-the-top against Morey as all those other threads exalting him as the greatest GM in the league, even though the team hasn't done much on his watch. I guess people like to have heroes and villains, and acknowledging that situations are usually more complex than that is just boring.

14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

This has been the plan FOR YEARS?? Awesome...where's it gotten us? How many more YEARS????

your diaper brigade comment can kiss my butt.

15. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

uh oh!!!!

But that's the plan, dada?? Didn't you hear?? Apparently that's been THE PLAN FOR YEARS!!!!

so what the hell is the plan NOW?

We've traded in a team for a group of assets...and then we marvel at the fact that free agents don't want to come here. WHO THE HELL WOULD WANT TO COME PLAY HERE NOW??

16. rocketsmetalspd

Nice to know that Clutch will even allow types of threads to be posted even the stupid ones. I just hope most realize what frustration can lead to thinking in an unrational way. I will still support the team no matter what but trades need to be done soon or this season will be a lost cause.

17. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

Morey's temporary down fall was his short sighted deal for Kevin Martin. IMO he made a deal justto make a deal. Martin has proven that he is only capable of helping his team win against bad teams but he is no where to be found against good teams. The team will go no where with Martin on the team. They need to get rid of him or bench him in favor of Lee.

18. davestrate

davestrate Member

not exactly, more so on the fact that he's been here countless years and i see no results. Everyone has gotten in the habit of blaming others and blaming the unblamable such as injuries? Every other team has injuries, Lakers included yet the still manage to win games and more importantly win championships. These 13 games are proof morey sux as a GM but then again this is just me thinking out loud.

19. SuraGotMadHops

Once coaches or GMs build up credibility, I am in no position to say they are doing a bad job, because it is clear I do not know more than they do. Morey plucked Scola away from the Spurs for nothing, drafted well, and really set us up for a championship run with the Artest deal. He's done great things, all he can do is set the table, then the players and coaches take it from there; he's set a great table since he's been here.

As far as Adelman is concerned, again, he's built up credibility through his success with Portland and Sacramento, and probably would have a ring or two if Phil Jackson never existed. Plus, it's arguable one of the LAL/Sac series was rigged (conspiracy alert!). Who am I to say someone else could come in and do a better job than him?

Compare that to Kubiak, he has yet to build up any credibility of competence because he has never done anything right, so it's much easier to call for his head.

And for those calling for a JVG return, have you forgotten he blew two 2-0 leads in the playoffs, getting out-coached both times?

20. Raven

Raven Member

Yeah, for years.

People forget how crappy our roster was when Morey took over. It's taken three seasons to artfully collect the talent necessary to even be in a position of trading for a star. It wasn't going to happen overnight. And, BTW, other teams also spent years planning for a chance to sign a 2010 NBA free agent. It's not like Morey was the only GM with a long term plan.