1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Answer: FIRE MOREY

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by davestrate, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Shaud

Shaud Member

[​IMG]

2. heads.up

heads.up Member

Yes let's fire Morey because its been 12 games into the season and we need to get rid of the GM instead of trying to incorporate all of our players together.... :rolleyes:

Seriously though, Morey has done nothing but good so far in his career with the Rockets, this team is deep and DOES have talent. We just need to find ourselves. After the early slide, I believed the Rockets were going to find their groove after the Timberwolves win, but Yao getting hurt and Aaron getting hurt affected this. It would be smart to make an evaluation when all our players are back and playing together for a minimum of 20 games.

The team currently is just not good enough to beat teams consistently in the NBA. Right now, our main threats Scola and Martin just aren't good enough. When Aaron and Yao comes back, I expect the Rockets to make a strong push.

3. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

I can't wait to bump this thread after the next Morey splash.

There is no other GM in the league that could have produced, given the management situations of the other teams in the league, players available by trade and free agency (including whether or not they are willing to sign with us), and the injury and player availability issues of the Rockets, a better result than Morey has so far. Has he won anything? No. But I believe that no other GM could have either in the time that Morey's been here. You have to judge a GM by what he's had to work with. What has he had to work with exactly?

1 person likes this.
  4. davestrate

davestrate Member

If that splash isn't for a superstar level talent I'm going to be very disappointed because I've gotten in the bad habit of getting super excited over small splashes that make nothing more than a few ripples over the course of a season. Yes Morey is a great GM but in my opinion he's the type that needs a second GM to help him make the decisions over acquiring players that matter over the long haul and the timing in which it's undertaken.

5. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Maybe the ROckets realized they cannot acquire a superstar through FA or trade, they're losing to get a higher lottery pick..... Maybe something is good will turn out. Who knows :/

6. TheGM

TheGM Contributing Member

Such stupidity...

7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Hard to blame it all on someone for this start of the season

I mean sure, the right course of action might be to get rid of someone in the Office, because there might just be something wrong with the make up of this team.

But you can also say it's the coaching, the individual players hitting slumps, Teammates not gelling, and as always injuries

So no, the "answer" is definitely not FIRE MOREY.. because hell, we don't exactly know what da hell the "problem" is

8. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

.........................I literally cannot understand that sentence. At all. I think it means "Morey is a good GM, but we need another GM to help him acquire players", but that's just patently absurd.

And good god, I wonder why I post here sometimes.

9. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Sure, it would be disappointing if we do not get better, but if superstar talents are simply not available to the Rockets, or other teams can trump our offers, then it's not Morey's fault we can't get them. He's doing the best anyone can do given our situation. You can't blame him for things completely beyond his control.

10. highstep

highstep Member

If Lee was a guy Morey has been after for awhile you have to question his approach. Lee is a scrub.

11. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

To the OP, you seem to be forgetting that we're missing our starting point guard and we have injuries hampering this team. Did you think we were going to hit the ground running? There was gonna have to be some growing pains along the way.

12. davestrate

davestrate Member

i hope that's it

13. blink

blink Contributing Member

Though I love bashing on morey and his drones.... firing him is just silly. He's done a great job, given the circumstances.... though I don't agree with the players he's put together... I don't think moreys ever made a bad individual move... other than the ariza signing, which he quickly corrected.

Rebuilding this team is a long process and morey better suited than most in doing that, looking at his past transactions.

14. davestrate

davestrate Member

LOL that makes it even more simple, BLOW UP everyone. At least we can set up another record for the only team or owner in history to basically restart everything (players/GM's/Coaches/etc). Wouldnt that be fun and a hell of a lot easier than finding what the problem is to something that has no solution?

15. davestrate

davestrate Member

I am basically giving him credit for accidentally getting some decent assets, yet overstating how much of an idiot he really is. As it was posted on some other thread yesterday, there's gotta be a reason why Boston let him go right? Same reason Boston is relevant right now and we arent.

16. davestrate

davestrate Member

It's very much in his control to get rid of those assets for future protected first round picks from even worse teams in the nba.

17. davestrate

davestrate Member

Well said

18. davestrate

davestrate Member

anyone up for chatting on the subject?

19. davestrate

davestrate Member

i had never engaged in morey bashing but damn, never thought it'd be this fun and easy.

20. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

....wait, you're serious. I won't deal with the claim that his successes have all been "accidents", as that is just mind-boggingly stupid.
    Morey, in his tenure with the Celtics, was not the GM. He came to the Rockets to be the GM. We offered a promotion opportunity, hence he comes to us. That's what simple logic tells me, not any crap of Boston letting him go.
    And Boston is relevant because of one trade made three years ago. And they made the trade by collecting a crapton of assets and trading superstars. Now who on the Rockets has been trying that strategy, only for it to be shut down by the fact that superstars today are more interested in lazing around on South Beach or NY then actually playing games?