1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thank You Rockets for giving me hope! Your Quick...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by deb4rockets, Apr 1, 2016.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thank You Rockets for giving me hope! Your Quick draw McGraw firing of McHale and eeny meeny miny mo the lead is only our's to blow have given me a chance of turning my $10 Vegas bet into $2000. That's right! Just when I thought we finally looked like a team, and had a nice lead in the game I had Don't choke on your coffee......the odds are 200 -1 right now, and as any great fan, I BELIEVE!!!!!

Hey, need I remind you we were 6th seed when we won our Championship in the 1994-95 season! Not only that, we beat 4 teams with 50 or more wins on our way to that championship. Anything is possible when you believe!!
    We have yet to see what is possible with this group of guys.

Beasley, J-Smoove, KJ, and Goudelock will be our secret weapons off the bench. Capella and DMO will just get better every game. Who knows, maybe DMO will finally get his 3pt shot going. Maybe Howard and the rest of the team will actually realize a center needs to score double digits to give us a chance. Somebody remind him Hakeem averaged 28.9 and 33 pts a game during our Championship playoffs. Just-Smoove and Dwight have good chemistry together.

Maybe Terry and Brewer can get headbands for Capela and Howard to pull down over their eyes when they shoot free throws and they will do better shooting blindly. Anything is possible. Ask the Buffalo Bills fans of 1992-93 if they believed they could come back from a 35-3 Houston lead to win 41-38 and knock us out of our destined Superbowl against the Dallas Cowboys!

Never say Never til it's over people! This is Clutch City!

1 person likes this.
  2. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I hate when I can't edit I post. What I meant to say in that first paragraph was I placed the bet during the game when we were playing so good. Luckily I know someone in Vegas right now who threw 10 on the Rockets for me. The odds probably went up after we blew the lead, haha. Oh well, $2000 off of 10 will be the icing on the cake for a surprise Championship nobody expected.

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm a fan of optimism.

4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Hey Debbie, down for a quickie?

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

hey, need I remind you that it's pretty much impossible to win the championship from 9th place? just sayin' :grin:

6. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

We still have a chance to make the playoffs.....We aren't out yet.....We are Clutch City!! We have it within us to do better than last year.

We have Beasley and Beverly now, and didn't have them in the playoffs last year. Our guys can do this! We just need to get our centers that ball more (Smith was great at that) and our big men need to double up at that rim more.
    (Howard and Capela together are a shot blocking force!)

The key is giving minutes to the BEST players!!!!

7. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Become a contributing member and you'll edit your posts at will.

8. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

We have 6 games left, and we will make the playoffs. I have no doubt whatsoever. Our boys need to start strong, and get this train to the top started 1st quarter of EVERY game!

1 person likes this.
  9. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Don't disrespect me like that! I don't come on this forum to be talked to so rudely.

1 person likes this.
  10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

sounds like OP has gone $10 in debt4rockets

11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Ok please share your winnings with your fellow CF members who actively contribute to your several threads a day!

12. Borneoman

Borneoman Member

Not gonna happen if your best player is James "no D" Haren.

13. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I have never called him our best player. He is best when he doesn't make it a one man shootalotbutscorethemost at all cost game strategy.

14. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

deb4rockets you'd need for JB to channel "Coach Popovich" to win a series for starters...nevermind a shiny ring in my opinion. But hey...save this thread just in case Rockets pull a Low Seed Mavericks playoffs scenario... as they came outta nowhere and won the championship in 2011 I think it was...JB has proven to find ways to loose close games regardless of the players on the court just by his decision making alone. Having said all that I like your optimism and you can always say it was APRIL FOOLS! when it's all over with lol

15. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

You would have been better off donating that money to charity or burning it since you're never going to see it again. I wouldn't put a cent on this team even if the odds were 10,000-1.

16. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Am I the only one on this forum who actually believes we can do this? Granted, JB needs to make some adjustments, as we all seem to agree on, and I think he will. That will make us go from good to great.

17. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

This was an April fools, right??? Unless you can get the 95 team from a time machine... no shot. Or you can teach JBB that Brewer sucks and show him rotations... It's going to be over fast and that's if they even make the playoffs.

That 6th seed team in 95 started out hot at the start, then faltered... And then trade deadline deal for Glyde. So since this team doesn't have a coach/didn't make a significant change at deadline, we've pretty much seen what this team is. I do think Beasley pickup will be nice for next year, but this season needs to just end. Dwight and Harden aren't even in the same book (forget on the same page), and JBB thinks he owes Brewer something from Minnesota, because the playing time he gives him makes no sense.

Hey if I'm wrong, great but... It just sucks this year. Hey at least it's only $10 :)

18. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

It could happen, nothing is decided yet

19. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

It is absolutely over!

20. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

If JB can make some big adjustments like turning Dwight Howard into Bill Russell, DMo into Robert Horry, Beverley into Gary Payton, and Ariza into Scottie Pippen then we've got a shot. So Deb... it's over.