1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans PSL Advice

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Icehouse, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

So I guess these will be a little cheaper now?

2. TMAC3

TMAC3 Member

you do realize PSLs are only good for 20 years.... So the ones that were bought in 2001 all come up for renewal in 2021. So you have to rebuy them all over again

3. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

They have sold out every game. Houston loves its football. I wish the other teams got this kind of support.

4. panamamyers

panamamyers Member
    Supporting Member

Incorrect.

5. Icehouse

That's not true. The PSL lasts as long as the Texans play at Reliant.

6. Icehouse

I wonder why we weren't as supportive for the Oilers? I remember many a blackout growing up.

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Not really. Still made the playoffs. That means bucks for STH.

8. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I wasn't an avid watcher then since I was young but I remember that it was really bad their final year in Houston because everyone knew the team was moving.

Other then that I'm unaware of poor support by the fans

9. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

I was a big fan during the run n shoot days when the Oilers were very good, and there indeed were several blackouts due to non-sellouts.

I always attributed the lack of support to resentment towards Bud Adams. So, in a way, I can't totally blame him for moving the team.

If only the Oilers received the same kind of fanatical support the Texans do, who knows, they might still be here.

Lanier screwed the pooch big time by trying to play hardball. Houston was gonna have to build a new stadium regardless. Either for the Oilers or for an expansion team.

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

1. Bud Adams isn't the owner
    2. People tend to be a little more supportive of something after they realized what life was like without it.
    3. Better stadium
    4. NFL is even bigger now than it was then.
    5. Bud Adams isn't the owner.

And despite all the crap served up... we supported the hell out of the Oilers (far more than any other Houston team at the time... Rockets were still having games of 9,000 fans at the Summit during the CHAMPIONSHIP years).

Houston, and its civic leaders, were willing to build the stadium... they just weren't willing to build it for Bud Adams. It sucks that they chose to lash out against an ******* vs. supporting the team regardless, but that was how big of an ******* Bud Adams was (till his last breath).

11. Icehouse

BUMP!!

Thanks for the advice. I didn’t forget...four years later. I just scooped some lower level PSL’s for less than they originally sold for in the inaugural season. And you can acquire them this year without having to buy the season tickets.

Thanks for telling me to wait.

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Yeah this year is probably a good time to buy in provided you don't care about seeing any ROI for a while.

With COVID values will be down significantly. Add in the CBA expiration (aka labor strike) and you have a super bad mix.

Plus the franchise is run by idiots. But that's a different matter.

13. Icehouse

Yup, values are quite depressed right now, for obvious reasons. You can pretty much get club PSL's for free. Great point on the CBA expiring, like you noted years ago.

14. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Did you buy them through Texans Market Place? How much will season tickets cost when available (if you don’t mind me asking)?

15. Icehouse

gucci888 likes this.