1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Technical Problem w/ Dish Network

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CrazyJoeDavola, Aug 19, 2009.

1. CrazyJoeDavola

Dish Network is playing dumb with me.

Basically, my custom favorites list, "list 1", keeps getting DN promotional channels added. I keep deleting them off my list, but they eventually start showing up again (it is usually different channels, but some are the same).

I called DN and fussed about these channels being added to this list. They are claiming this is not possible and that someone with the same remote address (a neighbor) must be adding these (nevermind the fact that my closest neighbor is about 1,000 feet away from my house).

I am calling BS. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?

2. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Maybe it has something to do with their 3am maintenance/updating. If I'm up that late (have poison oak so yes I am these days) it always wants to shut down for some reason.

Try making the change and be sure to be up at 3a (I assume it'll be 3 for you). When it asks you to shut down, select the other option, No or Cancel.

Leave the TV on for a bit. I don't know if DN will recognize your TV being off and try do its thing again, so I'd just leave it on.

After shuting down and restarting in the morning, see if the channel comes back. If it comes back, well, damn...can't help you...at least you have some ammo when you call those yoyos back. If it doesn't, hell, I'm taking notes. :)

3. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I've been noticing something similar with DirecTV over the last few months, assuming I understand what you are talking about.

I get random blocks of promotional channels that show up in my favorites. They seem to usually be sports related but there may have been other stuff. I deleted a block one time but they came back so I just ignore it now.

4. CrazyJoeDavola

This is exactly what happens to me. They don't come back right away, but rather, one by one over the course of a couple of weeks.

I tried to convince Dish Network there is some type of promotion script in their software that is doing this but they seem to think I am a nut job.

5. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

Sorry to write something not directly related but I miss dishnetwork...
    they had the best DVR function by far out of the services I''ve used (time warner and comcast being the other two).
    With TWC and comcast, rewinding and playing the dvr is pretty awkward and imprecise.
    With dish, its almost easier than playing a video on youtube.